2001 Ls430 Cd Changer

LexusLover420

:( Hello everyone,

I am in desparate help of gettin some advice as to what I should do with my broken CD changer in my Lexus LS430.

I have quarter broken piece of CD broken in my cd changer.

The CD option will come on once in a while and gives me a Error 3 on the display.

Is there anyway of getting rid of the error? What is the eazy route for me to get this fixed? I don't want to use other branded CD players in place of my factory unit, but would like to know if someone can give me a idea as to what would be the best way for me to go?

I would appreciate any responses to the topic.

Thanks

:( Hello everyone,

I am in desparate help of gettin some advice as to what I should do with my broken CD changer in my Lexus LS430.

I have quarter broken piece of CD broken in my cd changer.

The CD option will come on once in a while and gives me a Error 3 on the display.

Is there anyway of getting rid of the error? What is the eazy route for me to get this fixed? I don't want to use other branded CD players in place of my factory unit, but would like to know if someone can give me a idea as to what would be the best way for me to go?

I would appreciate any responses to the topic.

Thanks

I have had similar situations happen to me where I get cd stocked inside or pieces of a cd broker inside a changer. My car DID NOT come with a factory changer but in the after market changesr I have had throughout the year, I found the the easiest and cheapest way to get this problems solved is to take the changer out of the car, open it up myselft and get the cd pieces out very carefully with my wife's twisers. It is really not that hard to take the panels of the cd changer apart and as long as you don't take any apart besides the panels...it should be fairly easy to put them back together, if you feel that you cannot do this, just take the canger out and take it to any radio/electronic repair shop and they should be able to get the pieces out with no problem.

I have had similar situations happen to me where I get cd stocked inside or pieces of a cd broker inside a changer. My car DID NOT come with a factory changer but in the after market changesr I have had throughout the year, I found the the easiest and cheapest way to get this problems solved is to take the changer out of the car, open it up myselft and get the cd pieces out very carefully with my wife's twisers. It is really not that hard to take the panels of the cd changer apart and as long as you don't take any apart besides the panels...it should be fairly easy to put them back together, if you feel that you cannot do this, just take the canger out and take it to any radio/electronic repair shop and they should be able to get the pieces out with no problem.

Thanks for the reply back, I am willing to open the changer myself but I don't know how to? Can you kindly may be few quick tips as to how to get to the cd changer?

I can't tell you how to fix it but I can tell you that the Dealer can only tak eth eunit out and replace it with a new one. I had this done as when I bought my '03 LS430 the CD drive would not open (had 5 stuck in it I found out later). They did a swap out and I saw the ticket, even though it was under warranty (actually it wasn't but the Dealer did it under warranty anyway). It would have cost $850. My Sub went bad, too and they changed it out under warranty and the tickets said $550. Great Dealer. It just turned 38,000 and he did one more small thing under warranty but I doubt he will anymore. It was out of warranty time wise but not mileage wise.