Lxt Automotive In Rockville, Md

SW03ES

Well, sadly my service consultant at Lexus of Rockville has moved on to greener pastures. I've always enjoyed having my car serviced there but a big part of it was him. I've used other Lexus service consultants at that dealer and others and my experience was...not as positive. The Service Manager there reccomended someone else...but I'm dubious.

So, since the car is getting older I'm considering finding a good independent shop and using them instead.

Anyone ever used LXT Automotive in Rockville? They are MUCH cheaper than the dealer and the owner and techs used to be at Lexus of Rockville and Lexus of Silver Spring.

Steve, I don't live in DC, but I take my car to a similar shop in Kansas City. The owner is a former Lexus service tech, and so are his mechanics. My experience with that place has been very good. Their prices are much cheaper than the dealership and they are very knowledgeable. They also provide loaner cars, so I don't have much of a reason to bring my car to the dealership.

I would imagine you will have a similar experience to mine at the shop you are talking about.

With guys like us in your corner Steve, you could take it to the Stevie Wonder Automotive Repair Shop, and still get things fixed the right way! Or, and now that I think about it, I don't think I recall ever hearing a "dirt under the finger nails" weekend project from you? :lol:

Man, the economy must really be in the :censored: 'r, ya'll! Or the Lexus dealership finally wised up and realized Steve was stocking his office's cookie platter with their free cookies!

Lexus Service Tech: Morning Mr. Steve, back for an oil change already?

Steve: Yep, you know it Captain Cup Cakes.

Lexus Service Tech: My, that's an awfully large coffee mug you got there. What is that, 3 liters?

Steve: Yep, times' 'er tough in the real estate market, takes a few extra ponies to stay ahead.

Lexus Service Tech: Well it can't be too tough, judging by that piece of luggage you got there, wheels and all.

Steve: What? This ole' thing? It's just my brief case.

Lexus Service Tech: You need a loaner today, Mr. Steve?

Steve: Nope, I'll just be waiting in the cafe, got some emails to return on my trusty Blackberry, go over some files, have a sip of this coffee, you know, the usual, like last week.

Lexus Service Tech: Ok, Mr. Steve. But I'm sorry to report that we're all out of oatmeal raisan cookies today. For some reason, we've been back-ordered since last week, about the time you were here last.

Steve: On second though, I'll need that loaner after all. Just let me go get a napkin for my coffee cup. It tends to leak sometimes, and coke...i mean...coffee...is tough to get out of the carpets.....

10 Minutes later in loaner car.....

Steve: Whew, that was close! Hey, wait, is that the new G35 out front of the Infiniti dealership?!! Sweet mokey poxs of Britney love salad! Cookie express here I come!!!!

BUSTED!!!! :lol: :D :cheers:

PS: Got a shop here, called Phil's Toy Store, nothing but former Lexus tech's, nothing but Lexus repairs, for 1/2 the price. I used them a couple times, they were great too. I don't think it's a lose situation. But, doubtful they'll wash you car for ya'!

Well, just got back from having the gar serviced at LXT, they did a great job. Sat and chatted with the owner, Nelson, for a while and he's a really good guy, master Lexus service tech for something like 16 years, keeps up all his certifications. Cost of servive $150 after all the taxes, cost at the Lexus dealer $330 before taxes, so I think I made out well. Even had I left it and rented a car (he does have a loaner that he reserves for people when they have bigger services done like the 30k, 60k, or 90k) for $50 I'd still have been WAY ahead.

Very enjoyable, I'll go back. He can work on Hyrbids too so we're going to take the Prius to him next time.

Well, sadly my service consultant at Lexus of Rockville has moved on to greener pastures. I've always enjoyed having my car serviced there but a big part of it was him. I've used other Lexus service consultants at that dealer and others and my experience was...not as positive. The Service Manager there reccomended someone else...but I'm dubious.

I've had the same experience but in reverse. I finally found one that does it like it should be done. It quite remarkable how variable service can be at any particular shop. I always call before coming in to make sure my man is there to take care of my baby. On one occaision when picking up the car, I overheard a dispute one of the reps was having with a customer. It almost came to blows. I couldn't believe I was in the same shop where my rep quietly, serenely and very competently gave me my keys and a tube of caliper grease (no charge) for the brake job I'll be doing soon. No fuss, easy peasy. Go figure. All I can say is I'm glad he's there and when/if he goes, most likely so will I.

• 7 months later...

:D :D :D :D :D LXT Automotive, Rockville, MD. There is a wonderful independent Lexus repair shop in Rockville, Maryland. LXT Automotive and its owner, Nelson, are outstanding both for quality of service and value for money. I drive a 1997 LS 400 and although it is a wonderful car, parts invariably wear out due to age, etc. For the past two years Nelson and his able assistant Oscar have kept the car, and me, going. Nelson is a first-rate and very experienced Lexus diagnostician and provides very clear explanations of any work needed, how soon it is needed, and how much it will cost. He is courteous and helpful in every way one could ask for. I have always bought second-hand Toyota cars and have never used dealers for service or repairs. If it weren't for Nelson, I would be at the mercy of a local dealer, and I know from one outrageous estimate that I got from a dealer two years ago (before I found Nelson and LXT) that if I had to use a dealer to repair the '97 LS 400 I would have to give up the car. Nelson has kept me on the road in an older car that, thanks to him, still runs like a Swiss watch.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my RX300 this morning after a 90K service (albeit a little late at 140,000 miles) at LXT and the car drives like a dream for hundreds less than what Lexus of Rockville and Silver Spring were quoting me. Nelson really knows his stuff and he's honest about what needs to be done soon and what can be put off later or completely ignored. He really knows how to treat a customer well and the fact that he's so close to where I live means I'll definitely be back in the future.