1994 Gs300 Key Stuck At Acc

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing some searching regarding my ignition key being stuck in the switch cylinder. Clockwise movement beyond ACC to start and run the car is fine, but I can't turn the ignition past ACC Counterclockwise to remove the key, unless the battery is disconnected. I have read a few replies to similar problems and the most common remedy is to push the shifter hard into Park. Unfortunately I have done this already but it still won't turn. Does the system use input from the nuetral safety switch to determine that it is park, or is there a seperate sensor that indicates that it is ok to allow key removal? For either, is access obtained from inside through the shifter console, or from underneath the car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 10 months later...
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing some searching regarding my ignition key being stuck in the switch cylinder. Clockwise movement beyond ACC to start and run the car is fine, but I can't turn the ignition past ACC Counterclockwise to remove the key, unless the battery is disconnected. I have read a few replies to similar problems and the most common remedy is to push the shifter hard into Park. Unfortunately I have done this already but it still won't turn. Does the system use input from the nuetral safety switch to determine that it is park, or is there a seperate sensor that indicates that it is ok to allow key removal? For either, is access obtained from inside through the shifter console, or from underneath the car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Did you ever fix your problem? I'm having the same issues. Any advice? Thanks.