Buying '06 Is250

Hello All,

I'm thinking about buying a 2006 IS 250 AWD. Actually going to the dealership for a mechanical check-up tomorrow. I live in Utah so AWD is definitely a plus. So I was just wondering, is there anything I should watch out for? My last car was maxima and I have a feeling this could be somewhat of a change for me. There's no NAV, but I'm pretty sure I can live with that. I'm a little hesitant about buying it used, but then again, it's Toyota, right? This would be my first Lexus, and I don't really know what to expect. It was a toss up between 325ix and IS 250, and to tell you the truth. I liked the looks and interior of the IS much better. What are the good and the bad about this car? Has anybody had any major problems/difficulties with 06-07 models? I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks a bunch,

L.

Hello All,

I'm thinking about buying a 2006 IS 250 AWD. Actually going to the dealership for a mechanical check-up tomorrow. I live in Utah so AWD is definitely a plus. So I was just wondering, is there anything I should watch out for? My last car was maxima and I have a feeling this could be somewhat of a change for me. There's no NAV, but I'm pretty sure I can live with that. I'm a little hesitant about buying it used, but then again, it's Toyota, right? This would be my first Lexus, and I don't really know what to expect. It was a toss up between 325ix and IS 250, and to tell you the truth. I liked the looks and interior of the IS much better. What are the good and the bad about this car? Has anybody had any major problems/difficulties with 06-07 models? I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks a bunch,

L.

I would just do the basics. Also look very good at the inside tread of the front/rear tires. Some of these cars with the Dunlop’s wear out tires very quickly, aka 15k I have read. Have the dealer look up any of the repairs that have been made as part of TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) etc... Look for any paint repairs as well.