Mark Levinson Vs Aftermarket Sound

What's up guys? I'm new to this forum. Just want to say hi

Here is my concern. I have a 07 gs350 awd with ml. I want to upgrade my sound system to aftermarket speakers. So far, I figure my speaker sizes are:

6-1/2"(component), 1" (tweeter), 2.5" (possible add on bracket from factory, which should hold a 3-1/2" aftermarket speaker?), and 10" (sub)

Correct me if I'm wrong with the above mention sizes.

I want to use my factory nav system, but with the upgraded aftermarket speakers. What convertor would I use to change the system to run RCA lines? Also, will removing the ml amp cause any function problems with the nav functions?

Basically, I want to gut out all the ml speakers and then add aftermarket speakers. I would be replacing the rear deck sub with an aftermarket sub and 2 more 10" subs in the trunk.

Any ideas and recommendation would be great

thanks

Dave

• 2 years later...

Here is my concern. I have a 07 gs350 awd with ml. I want to upgrade my sound system to aftermarket speakers. So far, I figure my speaker sizes are:

6-1/2"(component), 1" (tweeter), 2.5" (possible add on bracket from factory, which should hold a 3-1/2" aftermarket speaker?), and 10" (sub)

I want to use my factory nav system, but with the upgraded aftermarket speakers. What convertor would I use to change the system to run RCA lines? Also, will removing the ml amp cause any function problems with the nav functions?

Basically, I want to gut out all the ml speakers and then add aftermarket speakers. I would be replacing the rear deck sub with an aftermarket sub and 2 more 10" subs in the trunk.

thanks

Dave

Hi,

I am looking for factory ML speakers for Lexus GS. Are you interested to sell the speakers that you took off?

Please let me know

einhance@hotmail.com

thanks

Dave

Hi,

I am looking for factory ML speakers for Lexus GS. Are you interested to sell the speakers that you took off?

Please let me know

einhance@hotmail.com

Hi Dave,

Just a quick note. The ML system has a very complex crossover system and just riping and replacing speakers that are not matched to the crossover network will probably not get you the results your looking for. Most of the time it is difficult to find an installer that will work on a Lexus if they have ever done it before.

Paul

• 2 years later...

You will need a summing device or digital sound processor. Look up audio source LC8 or there is an Aline unit that I hear is wonderful. You will be tapping into the wires after the ML amp so you will not compromise the stock system. Be careful with your power options as if you draw too much current from the car it will manifest itself in different areas as the car is mostly electronic be diligent with you research in that area.