Mark Levinson Vs. Nakamichi

Hoff48

My wife and I recently purchased the ES350 with the UL package. We also have an ES 300 with the Nakamichi stereo. I am a little disappointed in the ML stereo as no matter what settings it will not produce the deep rich tones I have enjoyed with the Nakamichi. Am I doing something wrong in the settings?

Thanks

Dan

That is weird because, I too have 00 Platnium edition and 08 es. The platnium was bought used and has a bad amp, but I did own another 00 platnium bought new in 2000 and the Nakamichi system sounds better in my opinion. I do like the ML system, but the Nakamichi had more thump. My ML system has to have bass way up with mids and highs about flat. Make sure ASL is off and turn off surround sound. CRANK IT UP

Having had Lexus vehicles with both the Nakamichi (in a 98 LS400) and the ML (In the ES and an 04 LS430) I think the Nakamichi was a significantly better system.

IMHO, Nakamichi is the best system that lexus ever put in there cars. ;)

Having had Lexus vehicles with both the Nakamichi (in a 98 LS400) and the ML (In the ES and an 04 LS430) I think the Nakamichi was a significantly better system.

Have your ears checked! LOL :P

Turn off surround sound. At least on mine surround was enabled by default. I had the same complaint about mushy bass. In surround mode bass is flitered from the regular speakers and only the very low sub-bass is sent to the subwoofer. Bass guitar and other "musical" bass instruments get lost. Turning off surround for music listening makes all the difference.