Winter Salt Damage?

VBdenny

I hate taking my car to automated car washes, but I definetly wouldn't take it to one that wasn't touchless. I always wash my car by hand. There is alot of talk about salt buildup on the underside and wheel wells of the car. I always get the wheel wells really well but how do i get the under body washed well. Is there a specific place i should spray?

Good News everyone. Got up to Syracuse last night and not even one wet road. My car is still shiny and clean. As I was driving up I-81 I couldn't believe how absolutely nasty looking most of the cars were. My heart goes out to you car lovers who live in the snow belt!

Merry Christmas!

Denny

I live on the extreme southern end of I-81. It only goes about 80 miles to my southwest before it runs into I-40. Luckily- this part of the interstate is usually fine, as we do not get nearly as much as snow as the northern end of the interstate.

About the post about the best spots to wash- I always wash in the fender wells very good (anytime of the year), as I do not think that the automatic washes do well in this area. When we do have a snow and salt is on the road- which is not that often- I also bend down and try to spray under my cars well with the rinse water when I wash them myself.