Tire Monitoring System With Run Flats

I need some help out there. Purchased a GS460 about 7 months ago and have been having trouble with the "low tire" indicator light showing up on the instrument panel. I have routinely checked the tires and the pressure is perfect. I have even played with the pressure going as high as 38 psi (hot) and as low as 33 psi (hot). The indicator light appears to have a mind of it's own. It will go off sometimes and go on for no apparent reason. Not sure if this is a run flat issue, bad tire monitoring system (TMS) or what. The dealership in Tucson continues to state that the car is working fine and that there is no problem with the TMS. Anyone else having this problem with run flats or the newer TMS.

I need some help out there. Purchased a GS460 about 7 months ago and have been having trouble with the "low tire" indicator light showing up on the instrument panel. I have routinely checked the tires and the pressure is perfect. I have even played with the pressure going as high as 38 psi (hot) and as low as 33 psi (hot). The indicator light appears to have a mind of it's own. It will go off sometimes and go on for no apparent reason. Not sure if this is a run flat issue, bad tire monitoring system (TMS) or what. The dealership in Tucson continues to state that the car is working fine and that there is no problem with the TMS. Anyone else having this problem with run flats or the newer TMS.

have you tried reinitializing the TPMS system. Instructions are in your owner's manual.

steviej

have you tried reinitializing the TPMS system. Instructions are in your owner's manual.

steviej

StevieJ, thanks for the reply, however, in the 08 version of the GS460 the reinitializing is automatic. When the tires, seemingly reach the desired PSI the system resets itself. Any other thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

I recently had my TPMS warning lights come on for no reason...tire pressure was fine, etc.

Turned ot the a wire going to the Main/2nd set switch under the passenger dash was disconnected by the service guy when the cleaned/de0odorized my AC system. It took a certain number of miles in rotation of the sensors to trigger the warning lights. Maybe you got a loose wire or switch. Its under warranty so go have it checked out.

steviej