Door Lock Problem 2000 Gs300

First I want to say that I have searched and found several posts on the subject and have tried some of the recommended solutions, still have the same problem.

RF door lock quit working (neither remote nor the interior buttons will lock the RF door, all others work fine). I removed the actuator mechanism and thought it was the motor, tried applying 12VC to the appropriate contacts and the motor tried to turn but never moved the gears. I purchased an replacement motor assembly (for a 2003 Avalon, appears to be exactly the same). Reassembled the entire thing and still have the same problem. The only way to lock the RF door is with the key (manually) or with the lock lever on the inside of the door.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

:( Can anyone tell me what I should see when power is applied to the door actuator lock motor? Any ideas what I might try to get this door lock to operate?

Window time came in today, will be taking the door panel off again to install the tint would like to make another attempt at the actuator problem at the same time.

Help![/i] :(

• 3 months later...
:( Can anyone tell me what I should see when power is applied to the door actuator lock motor? Any ideas what I might try to get this door lock to operate?

Window time came in today, will be taking the door panel off again to install the tint would like to make another attempt at the actuator problem at the same time.

Help![/i] :(

I know you posted awhile back, but this may help others, check this out:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...9839&page=3

This thread was awesome, I fixed my broken door lock actuator for $5 and have enough spare motors for the other three doors, if they should break! Took some time, but worth it. I love working on cars.