Transfering Phonebook To Car Thru Bluetooth?

I was trying to transfer my wife's phone book to the car and after 40 minutes it still had not transferred her phone book. The display scrren in the car stated that it was undergoing the transfer, but the phone did not say anything. She only has about 40 contacts on her phone. We cancelled the transfer because we did not want to run down the car's battery. How do you get the contacts to transfer from the phone? How long can we expect it to take?

I was trying to transfer my wife's phone book to the car and after 40 minutes it still had not transferred her phone book. The display scrren in the car stated that it was undergoing the transfer, but the phone did not say anything. She only has about 40 contacts on her phone. We cancelled the transfer because we did not want to run down the car's battery. How do you get the contacts to transfer from the phone? How long can we expect it to take?

i never got this to work either .... same exact problem ... :(

I have heard it's an issue with the phone's compatablities. I couldn't get my old phone to tranfer my phonebook data to my new phone either. And Sprint, who is my carrier, said they couldn't tranfer my Samsung phonebook data to my new Katana also! So when I got the Nav and it didn't work, I wasn't surprised.

You should try sending a selection of the contacts only if you are trying to send the entire phonebook or vice versa.

I guess due to dissimilar bluetooth standards, I was only able to transfer the entire phonebook and not selected entries only. Perhaps yours is the other way around?

You should try sending a selection of the contacts only if you are trying to send the entire phonebook or vice versa.

I guess due to dissimilar bluetooth standards, I was only able to transfer the entire phonebook and not selected entries only. Perhaps yours is the other way around?

On my verizon phone i had to go to SEND NAME CARD. when you select that it transfers all of your contacts in a matter of seconds.

On my verizon phone i had to go to SEND NAME CARD. when you select that it transfers all of your contacts in a matter of seconds.

Dido on that. I have to put the car into transfer mode but also tell the phone to transfer the data as a second step. I have an LG phone with Verizon. Sometimes I have to do it more than once as it will fail if other BT devices are interfering.

Look here to confirm that your phone model is compatible.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories/bluetooth.html

Regards,