Ipod Interface For '08 Rx350

Good Morning...

Has anyone installed (or had installed) an iPod interface on the RX? Mine does NOT have the nav system. I'm looking at a unit from Vaistech. Any experience with these units or others?

I'm a fairly handy person, so I'm not afraid to do it myself unless it's someowhat of a nightmare. I was considering at XM system, but in looking at the instructions, it looked very complicated, including removing the rear bumper! I'm thinking that an Ipod interface would be better of the two options.

Any inputs?

Thanks!

I have the 08 IS 350, so I'm not exactly sure as to the specific differences at this point, although I am sure it's probably not many. I think the Vaistech is a much better unit than the one Lexus is offerring. If you look at the Ipod interface that Lexus has, it uses and replaces the the satelite radio input, so you actually have to give up Sirrus or XFM to have the interface, whereas the Vaitech you don't. Also with the Vaitech unit you can play movies from your ipod on your nav screen, even while in motion. ( illegal, but cool.) Oh, sorry, just reread your post, you don't have the nav option. But in any case I think the Vaitech is better.

I have the 08 IS 350, so I'm not exactly sure as to the specific differences at this point, although I am sure it's probably not many. I think the Vaistech is a much better unit than the one Lexus is offerring. If you look at the Ipod interface that Lexus has, it uses and replaces the the satelite radio input, so you actually have to give up Sirrus or XFM to have the interface, whereas the Vaitech you don't. Also with the Vaitech unit you can play movies from your ipod on your nav screen, even while in motion. ( illegal, but cool.) Oh, sorry, just reread your post, you don't have the nav option. But in any case I think the Vaitech is better.

OK, thanks a lot for your help.

Did you install the unit, and if so, how hard is it (on a scale of 1-10...)

Thanks Again..!

Remove 'bumper' for XM install???

Did the VaisTech SL2Vi for my '08 RX (has nav). You most likely will be looking at the SL2i for Ipod along with the XM kit. Did the install myself, more anxiety than it is difficult, takes about 30min. If your doing XM as well, may be longer to route the antenna wire.

Though there are very nice write-ups on this procedure you can research, if you would like to discuss this on the phone, give me a call. Not one for writing long narratives.

Art: I'll pm you with my tel # if you care to discuss further...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but I would say the install was about a 4 on the IS 350. I didn't have to remove any bumpers though. It went in pretty clean.