Subwoofer Repair/replacement

2klx470

Guys,

Has anyone here ever tried to repair (crackling sound) the subwoofer on their GX470? Can the cover grill be removed and the cone repaired with a glue gun?

I read this somewhere on the LS forum, but I want to know if this works on the ML subwoofer on a GX470.

Rj

Guys,

Has anyone here ever tried to repair (crackling sound) the subwoofer on their GX470? Can the cover grill be removed and the cone repaired with a glue gun?

I read this somewhere on the LS forum, but I want to know if this works on the ML subwoofer on a GX470.

Rj

You can try the repair, No guarantees on the sound though. I can get you a OEM replacement if needed.

Guys,

Rj

You can try the repair, No guarantees on the sound though. I can get you a OEM replacement if needed.

If I get an OEM part, how can I remove the old one? Do I need to remove the side panel to get to the subwoofer?

Guys,

Rj

If I get an OEM part, how can I remove the old one? Do I need to remove the side panel to get to the subwoofer?

Every speaker/sub cover on lexus have to be taken off from behind, So yes you have to remove the panel to get to the sub.

Guys,

Rj

Every speaker/sub cover on lexus have to be taken off from behind, So yes you have to remove the panel to get to the sub.

I just called my local Lexus dealer and the Salesperson advised me that repair or replacement of a crackling subwoofer is covered under the CPO.

That is great news for me. I just bought my CPO GX470 less than a month ago.

Now I am wondering if the DVD Navigation is covered under the CPO if something goes wrong with it. Does anyone here know?

• 5 months later...
Guys,

Rj

I just had my passenger side sub-woofer replaced in my 2007 GX under warranty the sub-woofer was $173.00 plus install. Lexus covered under warranty my gx has 34,000 miles.

Bob

• 3 years later...