Any Is There A Way To Hack A Dvd Player To My Navigation Unit?

atlantatan

I have 07 Lexus GX470 with CD Navigation system and DVD player factory and was wondering if there is a hack a dvd player to my Navi Screen ... is work when the E-brake on,would like while driving,thanx in advance for any information.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 07 Lexus GX470 with CD Navigation system and DVD player factory and was wondering if there is a hack a dvd player to my Navi Screen ... is work when the E-brake on,would like while driving,thanx in advance for any information.

I looked into this a while ago. I found a site that describes how to do it but its not a hack. It involves cutting wires which i didnt have the guts to do. You have to ground the wire coming from the e brake going to the nav system to trick the nav system into thinking the brake is engaged. There are two motion sensing cables coming from the back of the nav screen. One is for the gps for tunnels and areas where the satellites cant track the nav system. (in NYC we go through mile long tunnels and the triangle on the screen still moves even without satellite exposure. The other is for navigation entry (notice after you go 5 mph you cant enter destinations, etc on the nav screen) & and dvd playing. Do a search for this on google. Thats where I found it. Step by step instructions on how to access the back of the nav system were great but like I said I didnt want to mess with it. Plus the temptation to watch the screen while driving made me nervous. Good luch and be careful!

P.S> I will try and find that site for you.

I looked into this a while ago. I found a site that describes how to do it but its not a hack. It involves cutting wires which i didnt have the guts to do. You have to ground the wire coming from the e brake going to the nav system to trick the nav system into thinking the brake is engaged. There are two motion sensing cables coming from the back of the nav screen. One is for the gps for tunnels and areas where the satellites cant track the nav system. (in NYC we go through mile long tunnels and the triangle on the screen still moves even without satellite exposure. The other is for navigation entry (notice after you go 5 mph you cant enter destinations, etc on the nav screen) & and dvd playing. Do a search for this on google. Thats where I found it. Step by step instructions on how to access the back of the nav system were great but like I said I didnt want to mess with it. Plus the temptation to watch the screen while driving made me nervous. Good luch and be careful!

P.S> I will try and find that site for you.

Thank you for the information,I have a Lexus tech come over the house, have it done for $150 he cut the wires and run a killing switch(if I get pull over by the police) now I can enter destinations with out pull over and passengers can watch DVD .

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the information,I have a Lexus tech come over the house, have it done for $150 he cut the wires and run a killing switch(if I get pull over by the police) now I can enter destinations with out pull over and passengers can watch DVD .

Wow, that is incredible service. Is the tech a friend of yours, just curious. I need to find out how to get someone to come to my house if I ever need work done. Was this a guy working at a Lexus dealer in the service dept.?

Oh BTW, I found this site that lots of people have been talking about in other threads. It allows you to unlock all the features of a Nav unit, including playing the rear DVD on the front screen. It's the 'Lockpick' or 'Ultimate Lockpick'

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm