Issue With 12cd Changer

My sc4 has the premium lexus sound system with a 12 cd disc changer, but it wont work. When you put a cd in and close the lid the light starts blinking, you go in the car and the cd light on the head unit doesnt light up and doesnt operate when pressed, i dont understand why the two arent communicating. Any suggestions?

My sc4 has the premium lexus sound system with a 12 cd disc changer, but it wont work. When you put a cd in and close the lid the light starts blinking, you go in the car and the cd light on the head unit doesnt light up and doesnt operate when pressed, i dont understand why the two arent communicating. Any suggestions?

The 12 disc changers fail all the time and are non-repairable, What you need to do is replace the 12 disc changer with a pioneer 6 disc changer, I have them with the custom bracket and they are plug and play. ;)

When mine did it a disk wasn't loading properly. The disk was only half way in. I went to an audio repair shop and asked them about it. They said that it was probably just dirty rollers that pull the cd in. He said to take a Q-tip with window cleaner on it and clean the two rubber rollers. I didn't think that such a simple fix would solve it, but tried it anyway.

It worked and has kept the cd working ever since I did it months ago. Mine was also showing an error message on the face unit. Don't know if that is what is going on with yours or not.

BTW, I got the disk to move back into the changer so that I could pull it out by using a comb and hooking the disk and pushing it back in by sliding the comb left to right. The curvature of the disk pushed the disk back in so that I could get the stack back out and access the rollers.

If that isn't your problem try the six disc dcfish has.

dcfish, so does your changer work with the Nakamichi unit? And if so, you just plug it in and the face plate interfaces with it just fine?

When mine did it a disk wasn't loading properly. The disk was only half way in. I went to an audio repair shop and asked them about it. They said that it was probably just dirty rollers that pull the cd in. He said to take a Q-tip with window cleaner on it and clean the two rubber rollers. I didn't think that such a simple fix would solve it, but tried it anyway.

It worked and has kept the cd working ever since I did it months ago. Mine was also showing an error message on the face unit. Don't know if that is what is going on with yours or not.

BTW, I got the disk to move back into the changer so that I could pull it out by using a comb and hooking the disk and pushing it back in by sliding the comb left to right. The curvature of the disk pushed the disk back in so that I could get the stack back out and access the rollers.

If that isn't your problem try the six disc dcfish has.

dcfish, so does your changer work with the Nakamichi unit? And if so, you just plug it in and the face plate interfaces with it just fine?

Nak is a different animal, You need a nak changer.

The 12 disc changers fail all the time and are non-repairable, What you need to do is replace the 12 disc changer with a pioneer 6 disc changer, I have them with the custom bracket and they are plug and play. ;)

It would seem to be the changer has failed, since it shows no error message, and the headunit doesnt even light up the cd section. So would that sound like the headunit has an issue or is it the disk changer? The changer does light up and make noise, but nothing. How much for that pioneer changer dcfish?