08 Rx 350 Seat Belt Would Not Release!

Hi I am new here.

08 RX350 purchased last year, 10K miles and one day the rear seat belt just would not release until the medical doctor cut it with his scissors. Handicaped passenger was strapped there for the 20 minutes as we fight to get the belt off her. The more we tried, the tighter the lap and shoulder belt goes until she is choking.

Just wondering if anyone have heard of this?

Dealer at Lynwood ordered the rear belt kit, Lexus parts depot sent the front belt kit, that mean another trip (100+ miles each way) on very expensive gas!

Does Lexus compensate for all the trouble?

What best to do?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

Hi I am new here.

08 RX350 purchased last year, 10K miles and one day the rear seat belt just would not release until the medical doctor cut it with his scissors. Handicaped passenger was strapped there for the 20 minutes as we fight to get the belt off her. The more we tried, the tighter the lap and shoulder belt goes until she is choking.

Just wondering if anyone have heard of this?

Dealer at Lynwood ordered the rear belt kit, Lexus parts depot sent the front belt kit, that mean another trip (100+ miles each way) on very expensive gas!

Does Lexus compensate for all the trouble?

What best to do?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

I would get out pen and paper (not email) the manufacture customer service address (listed in the book). State the facts of your experience and reasonable expectations (Lexus should compensate you for fuel costs driving back and forth when they order wrong parts). Send such a letter certified mail & return receipt requested.

In my experience, every time i have written a letter, I have received satisfactory compensation to similar issues. I have done this with a few different manufacturers, and when they know you are serious, have a valid complaint, and are not looking for a hand out, they have taken care of me. In the rare case, where the 1st letter doesn't get a response, a second letter with a copy sent to the president (again certified, signature required, return receipt) always gets me noticed and some good results.