Help With Parrot Bluetooth Kit Install

mesallem

hey guys i am trying to install a parrot ck3100 in my 03 ls430 with nav and mark lev, i have the quick connect harness for the parrot but i still have to tap into the speaker wires by bypassing the amp i believe, the problem is i cannot find the amplifier, or any speaker wire behind the radio, did anyone do this install that can help me? does anyone know where the amplifier is? does any one know what the wiring colors from the amp to the speaker? can anyone help?

The amp is in the trunk; on the right hand side, behind the trunk liner.

Getting the wiring back there is an enormous PITA, so if you just want to finish it at this point you are probably better off buying a small powered speaker and stashing it either under the driver's seat or somewhere in the driver's footwell. You also might be able to run the wire into the driver's or passenger's door and bypass it that way. The two drivers in the dash are tweeter/midrange drivers and might not work for voice.

I put a Parrot 3200LS in my LS430 a couple years ago; so if you are obsessed with getting it as close to OEM as possible have fun; you can do it but it's a project. Here is the link.

Since I've done the install I've upgraded the firmware in the Parrot and changed to a Blackberry Curve; now the contacts, call lists, etc.. all sync normally like they are supposed to. The Curve also has voice dialing so I bypass the voicetags in the unit.

I also ended up moving the mic to a new position right about the rearview mirror (basically where Parrot says you should put it). So far works great! Especially since now we can't hold phones in California. :)

Good luck. Where were you thinking to put the control module, out of curiosity? Post some pics when you're done.

hey guys i am trying to install a parrot ck3100 in my 03 ls430 with nav and mark lev, i have the quick connect harness for the parrot but i still have to tap into the speaker wires by bypassing the amp i believe, the problem is i cannot find the amplifier, or any speaker wire behind the radio, did anyone do this install that can help me? does anyone know where the amplifier is? does any one know what the wiring colors from the amp to the speaker? can anyone help?