Ok I'm Sold

Captain Meeks

Like I said a few weeks ago I bought my wife and I a 94 ls 400 with 134,000 miles and granted it has been very well maintained by the previous owner. All in all it is a wonderful automobile. There are a few problems 1) The power ant. to the radio does not work properly 2) the CD changer has issues...nothing major and fixing that should not be that difficult. I just wanted to tell some people that would appreciate that size of a drive with a car that old. Everything on the car seems very solid and dont believe I will be leaving the Lexus Idea anytime soon. My wife was leary about a car that old with that many miles and to tell you the truth if it hadnt been for the mait. records and dealership offering all the previous service records I would have never bought it. But after reading the articles on this site and talking to the dealer...134,000 doesnt seem that bad. If anyone has any ideas about the CD changer reading ERR...let me know.. thanks again for all the help everyone gave me when I ask questions before buying....and considering my wife is pretty use to newer cars and isnt complaining I bought another project...lol... ( I love old Camaros ...wifie doesnt anymore...lol) no comments from her says alot...Thanks again B)

Good luck with your 94LS. I have 117,000 on mine, and have put about 2G into it over the last 4 years, primarily for the timing belt/water pump issue. But the mechanic did a good job, and it runs like a top. Better than a top, it runs like a limo. The AC will blow you out of the car, and I live in Vegas, so you know how hot it is here. My thoughts are this:

The antenna is a piece of cake. My antenna was stuck at half mast when I got it. Bought a new one on EBay for 20 bucks, and it works like a champ. The CD changer is a different issue-I was lucky that all it took was a cd cleaner that I bought from Amazon-10 bucks. Some talking chickie walks you through the cleaning process, and I was amazed that my problem was solved. Hope this is your problem-there are a lot of other issues that can occur with the cd player, but mine works fine. Best of luck.

Good luck with your 94LS. I have 117,000 on mine, and have put about 2G into it over the last 4 years, primarily for the timing belt/water pump issue. But the mechanic did a good job, and it runs like a top. Better than a top, it runs like a limo. The AC will blow you out of the car, and I live in Vegas, so you know how hot it is here. My thoughts are this:

The antenna is a piece of cake. My antenna was stuck at half mast when I got it. Bought a new one on EBay for 20 bucks, and it works like a champ. The CD changer is a different issue-I was lucky that all it took was a cd cleaner that I bought from Amazon-10 bucks. Some talking chickie walks you through the cleaning process, and I was amazed that my problem was solved. Hope this is your problem-there are a lot of other issues that can occur with the cd player, but mine works fine. Best of luck.

Thanks ebay has always been good to me for parts and resonable for some of the common ones. I will check it out for a ant. and as far as the cd player like you said that could be a horse of a different color..might have to have a friend of mine that owns a audio shop look it over. Thanks again and glad to hear yours has been a good one. From what I understand with just the input I have found on here the timing belt and water pump is a common issue and the rubber parts as one person put it... need to keep an eye on them.. but other than that its great..better than great its Lexus..lol... I really did enjoy the trip ...first time since I was a teenager I have rode in a car for that long of time and sorta dreaded getting out when we stopped. The ride is unbelievable and I have owned some pretty nice cars. Nothing that has offered a feel like this without waiver. Good luck with yours and thanks again for the post.

My 98 is at 117,000 and I wouldn't think twice about going across the country in it. Great cars.

I have to agree..I will need to go from around Benton,Ky. to Houston,Tx. for a Captains meeting sometime around December. In all reality I am looking forward to the drive. We will see how it does at that time. Like you I have no hesitation about driving it anywhere. Very impressive vehicle..Best of wishes on yours being a trouble free relationship,friendship,ownership however your feelings lean toward your ride... lol...Thanks for the post

Basically, you'll love this car on the highway. I look forward to periodic long highway drives in this car. There is no body fatigue with the car after long drives. It's incomparable on the highway.

My 98 is at 117,000 and I wouldn't think twice about going across the country in it. Great cars.

I have to agree..I will need to go from around Benton,Ky. to Houston,Tx. for a Captains meeting sometime around December. In all reality I am looking forward to the drive. We will see how it does at that time. Like you I have no hesitation about driving it anywhere. Very impressive vehicle..Best of wishes on yours being a trouble free relationship,friendship,ownership however your feelings lean toward your ride... lol...Thanks for the post

Like I said a few weeks ago I bought my wife and I a 94 ls 400 with 134,000 miles and granted it has been very well maintained by the previous owner. All in all it is a wonderful automobile. There are a few problems 1) The power ant. to the radio does not work properly 2) the CD changer has issues...nothing major and fixing that should not be that difficult. I just wanted to tell some people that would appreciate that size of a drive with a car that old. Everything on the car seems very solid and dont believe I will be leaving the Lexus Idea anytime soon. My wife was leary about a car that old with that many miles and to tell you the truth if it hadnt been for the mait. records and dealership offering all the previous service records I would have never bought it. But after reading the articles on this site and talking to the dealer...134,000 doesnt seem that bad. If anyone has any ideas about the CD changer reading ERR...let me know.. thanks again for all the help everyone gave me when I ask questions before buying....and considering my wife is pretty use to newer cars and isnt complaining I bought another project...lol... ( I love old Camaros ...wifie doesnt anymore...lol) no comments from her says alot...Thanks again B)

When I bought my car I had the same problem with my cd changer and I actually got 100 dollars off the car . When I got home My wife looked in the manual instructions....... This is a unusual cd player in that you have to put the cds in upside down otherwise you get the ERR reading. with most cd players the top of cd where the writing is is up on your car they are down so when you look through them to see whats in the changer you have to take them out ... I cant believe no one else knew this one . I hope thats what it is

I actually just came back from a 2500 mile trip to Colorado, after just buying my 95 ls400 not even a month ago, with 102xxx miles and it was the most comfortable trip i have taken in a while. i only experienced one problem, while cruising at speeds of 60mph, and usually faster speeds the steering wheel shakes like crazy and the whole car vibrates pretty bad. i have looked around and found most people saying to get your engine mounts, bushings, and transmission mount checked. any of you guys have another idea of why it vibrates if its not those things?

Check your tire pressure. Inflate all 4 to spec or max. Speed specific vibration is usually a wheel balance issue. 1St----- take a hose and spray all mud, dirt and debris from all four wheels/ spokes. Inside and out. Test drive at 60+ mph.

If it is now smooth, then you've found the problem. If the hose trick doesn't work, get them balanced for an H, V, or Z rated tire.

Also check your treadwear. If there is unusual wear, then the tires have been neglected. Look into new ones.

Keep at 32+ psi. Higher means better MPG. Mine are goodyear and show a sidewall rating of 44PSI, max. I keep them at 38PSI.

I hope it's simply balancing or even replacing the front tires. The problem always occurs over 45 mph, and it can be pretty nasty. I put 2 new tires on my 94 LS with a similar problem, and with balancing, it's as smooth as !Removed! Cheney's pacemaker. Damn it. I'd be surprised if your problems are transmission mount related, unless the previous owner had been driving on dirt roads for a good while. I think we, including me, always tend to think of the worst case stuff. Start with the basic new tire/balance regimen before Lexus nails your butt for multi bucks.

Very best of luck.

When I bought my car I had the same problem with my cd changer and I actually got 100 dollars off the car . When I got home My wife looked in the manual instructions....... This is a unusual cd player in that you have to put the cds in upside down otherwise you get the ERR reading. with most cd players the top of cd where the writing is is up on your car they are down so when you look through them to see whats in the changer you have to take them out ... I cant believe no one else knew this one . I hope thats what it is

Thanks I appreciate the input tried the CDs upside down...nope ...its broke..lol...not a prob really most of the time we listen to the radio anyway. I just told my wife we would add Sirus to it like I did the boat and be done with it..lol... but thanks again it was worth a try.

Thanks I appreciate the input tried the CDs upside down...nope ...its broke..lol...not a prob really most of the time we listen to the radio anyway. I just told my wife we would add Sirus to it like I did the boat and be done with it..lol... but thanks again it was worth a try.

Captain, If you decide you want a working cd changer , Just let me know. I'll have one for you. ;)

Captain, If you decide you want a working cd changer , Just let me know. I'll have one for you. ;)

Is it Just the CD changer itself or the whole head unit you think... was wondering...send me a message with a price if you want.I work off shore and will be home in about a month but I am interested. And thanks

Is it Just the CD changer itself or the whole head unit you think... was wondering...send me a message with a price if you want.I work off shore and will be home in about a month but I am interested. And thanks

Have you tried using a cd cleaning disc with the brushes on the disc ? If not run one a couple of times.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditch the CD player and hack into the CD changer audio wires that run from the trunk and feed into the headunit: they are located under the center console (under the gear selector panel). Voila--cheap and easy MP3 feed that sounds way better than a cassette adapter!