Liquid Graphite Rims For Rx350

I recently had some tire repair done at my local Lexus Dealer.(picked up a nail). In the process of removing the tire my rim was severly scratched. Now the dealer has ordered me a new one, which is good, but is this something that is going to happen whenever I need to have the tire removed from the rim? Does anyone else have experience in this regard? Are these rims more susceptible to damage when removing the tire or putting on a new one?

Like any other part of the car it will show signs of wear and tear. So what if there are a few scratches on the rims..who sees them anyways once you are moving down the road. If you want the car to always look brandy new then park it in your garage and don't go anywere, then you never need service either.

As for "fussy" customers..You are flagged now for all Lexus and Toyota dealers and they add an extra 10-15% onto all future work and parts to make up for any lost items they have to conceed to you...in the mean time you think you are getting one over on them. Some fool claiming to be the regional customer service director for Lexus will probaly even send you a letter or call you and say come on in for more service and parts we will make you feel good again...and then the register goes Kaching!! and you think you got a good deal.

Like any other part of the car it will show signs of wear and tear. So what if there are a few scratches on the rims..who sees them anyways once you are moving down the road.

I think almost any reasonable person would be upset if their rims were scratched during service. If nobody cared about the look, we'd all be driving around with ugly steelies on our rides.

Like any other part of the car it will show signs of wear and tear. So what if there are a few scratches on the rims..who sees them anyways once you are moving down the road.

I think almost any reasonable person would be upset if their rims were scratched during service. If nobody cared about the look, we'd all be driving around with ugly steelies on our rides.

The dude already admitted he was out shopping and pricing new rims on a vehicle with less than 5k miles on it...so obviously there was a reason to do so and it was probably pre-existing damage caused by his/her abusive driving behaviors. Probably covered up the damage he/she had done to it before the service and then blamed the service technician after they returned the vehicle to him/her in a cleaned condition. The dealer probably should have flagged him/her as a "scammer" instead of "fussy". I'll bet if the dealer knew he/she was out shopping for replacement rims beofre the 5k service they would not have been so accomodating to this fusspot of a customer. This dude should be driving a chevy and not a lexus!

As for "fussy" customers..You are flagged now for all Lexus and Toyota dealers and they add an extra 10-15% onto all future work and parts to make up for any lost items they have to conceed to you...in the mean time you think you are getting one over on them.

This is absolutely untrue.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect that when my $45,000 vehicle goes into Lexus service at $120 an hour that it be returned to me undamaged. It is very easy to scratch wheels severely when mounting and dismounting tires if the person is not careful. Sounds like the dealer screwed up and are stepping up to replace his wheel which is great. The OP didn't have any issues with the dealer, he just asked if the wheels were more easily damaged than traditionally finished wheels. The answer is no, but they're harder to spot repair.

I have had Lexus vehicles serviced at Lexus dealers for 10 years and for the most part I have always been very well taken care of. I do demand EXCELLENT service for the premium I am paying, and my dealership now has never let me down. They have damaged my car before, once and they were more than ready to pay for me to have the bumper repainted. I fixed it myself and it wasn't neccisary but I got no argument.

They make SO much money off a good customer, replacing one wheel or repainting a bumper when they screw up is more than worth it to them to keep your business.

And as to your last post, you need to chill out and treat your fellow members with respect, the OP didn't do or say anything that is deserving of your attack. If you can't keep your attitude in check, then there's the door.

As for "fussy" customers..You are flagged now for all Lexus and Toyota dealers and they add an extra 10-15% onto all future work and parts to make up for any lost items they have to conceed to you...in the mean time you think you are getting one over on them.

This is absolutely untrue.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect that when my $45,000 vehicle goes into Lexus service at $120 an hour that it be returned to me undamaged. It is very easy to scratch wheels severely when mounting and dismounting tires if the person is not careful. Sounds like the dealer screwed up and are stepping up to replace his wheel which is great. The OP didn't have any issues with the dealer, he just asked if the wheels were more easily damaged than traditionally finished wheels. The answer is no, but they're harder to spot repair.

I have had Lexus vehicles serviced at Lexus dealers for 10 years and for the most part I have always been very well taken care of. I do demand EXCELLENT service for the premium I am paying, and my dealership now has never let me down. They have damaged my car before, once and they were more than ready to pay for me to have the bumper repainted. I fixed it myself and it wasn't neccisary but I got no argument.

They make SO much money off a good customer, replacing one wheel or repainting a bumper when they screw up is more than worth it to them to keep your business.

And as to your last post, you need to chill out and treat your fellow members with respect, the OP didn't do or say anything that is deserving of your attack. If you can't keep your attitude in check, then there's the door.

Thanks for the response and the info. As for our rude friend, have you ever heard of trolls? It seems some folks just like to go on forums and cause havoc. Some forums try to remove these folks, but I understand it is a non ending venture.