Clunk Noise When Turning The Wheel

I have a 2004 ES330. When I turn the wheel I hear and feel a clunking noise. I have a Chevrolet SUV that did the same thing. It was fixed 3 times before it stoped (so far). Does anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

I have a 2004 ES330. When I turn the wheel I hear and feel a clunking noise. I have a Chevrolet SUV that did the same thing. It was fixed 3 times before it stoped (so far). Does anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Check the steering knuckle.

I have an 05 330 with the same thing. It's the intermediate shaft in the steering column. Sometimes referred to as the knuckle. Fortunately mine is under warranty still and scheduled to be fixed in two weeks. There is a TSB out on it # ST001-05 for mine. Good luck.

I have an 05 330 with the same thing. It's the intermediate shaft in the steering column. Sometimes referred to as the knuckle. Fortunately mine is under warranty still and scheduled to be fixed in two weeks. There is a TSB out on it # ST001-05 for mine. Good luck.

Thanks I called on is and was told the warranty is 50K I'm at 60 so $400.00. Guess I'll try to get used to it. Wonder how hard it is do? The part can't be that much.

Thanks again

Dmocman

Thanks I called on is and was told the warranty is 50K I'm at 60 so $400.00. Guess I'll try to get used to it. Wonder how hard it is do? The part can't be that much.

Thanks again

Dmocman

There was a TSB for the 2004 ES330 for this issue as well, ST001-05 APR 05 Steering - Clunk/Pop/Knock Noise Turning . It would be in your Lexus dealership's best interest to at least meet you half way on the price. If they would l ike to retain a service customer given the problem is known and there is a TSB on the issue they should cut you a break. Consult with the service manager and tell them you will take your business elsewhere. They stand to loose money not that you car is infact out of warranty and the big money scheduled services are coming up. You could also try calling 1-800-255-3987 and see if customer service can be of any help. Lastly you could call another Lexus dealership and see if they will help you out. It may mean they pick up another customer.

steviej