Rear Gfx Is250 - Gaps - Help!

I had the rear ground fx installed on my 07 IS250 yesterday. The place where I had it installed is known for their work with repairing Lexus models. I thought great, I'm stoked I had the front air dam installed there and all went well. Also, they have previously worked on my IS300 and again, all was perfect. They are even recommended by my local Lexus dealer.

Hmmm. So, I came back to pick up my ride and they installed it and told me that it didn't fit as perfectly as the front air dam did. They claimed that they did everything that they could to make it fit like a charm but it wasn't working. It was almost like the rear part was a tad too big. I don't know why. The part came from Sewell Online. Just like the front air dam so I know the part is legit and OEM. The gaps are on the left and right side corners. They aren't very big but they reflect off of the rear bumper and make the gaps look bigger than they really are.

Has anyone else ran into this issue or has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, were you able to fix it? I'm thinking of putting some black foam in between these small gaps just to hide it better. Any ideas and or suggestions?

The part came from Sewell Online. Just like the front air dam so I know the part is legit and OEM.

I've had mixed results (mostly bad) using repro/after market panels and accessories on my 67 mustang. And its almost always related to the quality control of the manufacturer. Meaning, if you contact Sewell they may be aware of fitment issues - or you could demand that they send you a replacement to exchange yours with. It should be easy enough to document the problem and send them pics. You may very well find that the replacement fits perfectly.

I'm a little confused about the OEM reference...did one of the models come standard with the ground effects you're referring to? If it is, in fact, OEM and manufactured and/or licensed by Lexus - perhaps the problem lies in your bumper and that needs to be adjusted or replaced if it was tweaked.

But as far as the "foam" solution mentioned, I don't think I would pursue. If you're content with keeping the current (defective?) piece on there I would go back to the install shop to ask for advice on how to conceal it better. They're the experts and have probably come across problems like this before.

Good luck with your solution.

The part came from Sewell Online. Just like the front air dam so I know the part is legit and OEM.

I've had mixed results (mostly bad) using repro/after market panels and accessories on my 67 mustang. And its almost always related to the quality control of the manufacturer. Meaning, if you contact Sewell they may be aware of fitment issues - or you could demand that they send you a replacement to exchange yours with. It should be easy enough to document the problem and send them pics. You may very well find that the replacement fits perfectly.

I'm a little confused about the OEM reference...did one of the models come standard with the ground effects you're referring to? If it is, in fact, OEM and manufactured and/or licensed by Lexus - perhaps the problem lies in your bumper and that needs to be adjusted or replaced if it was tweaked.

But as far as the "foam" solution mentioned, I don't think I would pursue. If you're content with keeping the current (defective?) piece on there I would go back to the install shop to ask for advice on how to conceal it better. They're the experts and have probably come across problems like this before.

Good luck with your solution.

Thank you for the feedback. I've contacted Sewell and I'm waiting on a reply. I was thinking that perhaps it could have been my rear bumper that caused the GFX to not fit. The only question I'd have there - I've never had any kind of accident that would or should cause the bumper to be off. So, I'm confused on that thought. As for the OEM thing, Sewell claims to sell OEM official Lexus parts. I purchased and installed the front air damn for the IS250/350 and it fits like a charm. Perfect. I was kind of shocked that the rear part didn't fit. Heck, even the auto shop was thrown off by it. We'll see what happens next. I'll be sure to report my findings when they unfold.

Thanks again for the feedback. It's appreciated.