What Kind Of Engine Oil Should I Use?

My car is a 98 ES300 and running 130 000miles now. I'm wondering should I use 10W30 or 5W30 as labeled on engine?

Btw, my last oil change was on December last year and it has been over 6300 miles now. But when I check the oil, I found it's still marked at FULL and still looks fresh~ I'm always driving below 2000RPM (mostly around 1.5k) and 1000miles would be highway mileage. I'm also wondering should I do an oil change now since it looks so good. (A little dark but still very fresh compared with my friend's car who's been running for 2000km since last oil change)

Thanks.

after 3 months my oil looks very clean but i change it anyway. Its cheap and gives me peace of mind knowing i m doing the most basic preventative maintenence on my lexus. When i hit the highway i know the engine is ready to perform and benefitting from good oil. If my car WAS IN a lube shop, i d have an oil change JUST BECAUSE it was there! Call me crazy.........just don t call me late for dinner.

Even though synthetics cost more than conventional oil there is peace of mind knowing that you have the best possible lubricant in your engine. I've been using Mobil 1 for years in my 1994 ES300 with over 210K on the clock and I never have to top up between changes. I also use synthetic in my transmission and power steering.

Yeah but my oil looks so fresh. It's like the new. So unbelieveable. Do yours look dirty? I went to lots of lube shops and they all told me it's good.

Mine deos too......I use Amsoil 5W 30 (ASL) & change it only twice a year as per the Lexus maintenance schedule or every 6 months or 8,000 Km's.

I would change your oil & filter personally.

:cheers: