Expected Tire Life On Stock 18" Tires

Hi to everyone. As a (brand) new IS250 driver, I have many questions and luckily I found some answers already in this forum. Thanks to all the "senior" members who contribute so much knowledge to the site.

I spent some quality time with the search function but could not find a good answer to my question - how long should my stock (I got the upgrade to 18") tires last? I understand that the answer is personal driving habits dependant but for a not very spirited driving pattern back and forth to work in sunny FL (I don't expect more then 10K miles/year) will I be able to get through the 36 month lease without changing the tires? This sticker attached to the back side window that says I can get less then 15k miles out of a set of tires bothers me a bit :-)

Hi to everyone. As a (brand) new IS250 driver, I have many questions and luckily I found some answers already in this forum. Thanks to all the "senior" members who contribute so much knowledge to the site.

I spent some quality time with the search function but could not find a good answer to my question - how long should my stock (I got the upgrade to 18") tires last? I understand that the answer is personal driving habits dependant but for a not very spirited driving pattern back and forth to work in sunny FL (I don't expect more then 10K miles/year) will I be able to get through the 36 month lease without changing the tires? This sticker attached to the back side window that says I can get less then 15k miles out of a set of tires bothers me a bit :-)

Welcome, I am not quite a senior member but I think you will be cutting it close. The Bridg Turanza is rated at 140 thred wear and that is rather low but that is way they are sticky, the heat from here won't help so remember enter wide, choose your apex and exit turns wide increasing the turns radius us the technique, don't brake unless necessary and easy on the throttle, also great for your mpg. Ah I almost forgot, check you lease, some will prorate the wear and charge for the rubber left behind or require you bring in your baby with new shoes. Also, celebration donuts are not recommended. :)

• 2 weeks later...