Air Filter Replacement

I am changing our 95 es300 air filter. I undid the clips to the air filter housing, but I still can't get the top off. Do I need to loosen the tension bolt on the hose or anything else? Please help....thank you

Hi, the top is probably just sticking.......try to pry it off .

Did you get all the clips? There are four, two in the front, two in the back. Once they are all undone, push forward a little on the air filter housing as you try to lift up. Because the top of the air filter housing is directly connected to the MAF (mass air flow sensor, which is mounted by two bolts), it fits kind of snug and firmly. If you push a little on the filter housing, it pushes back on the MAF and lets the top of the housing come up and open.

I just replaced ours (another 1995 ES300) last night and I noticed it was a little stiff to get apart after the clips were undone. It's just because it sits tightly on the MAF, and because the MAF is anchored by two bolts. Using a little gentle force will get it open.

Did you get all the clips? There are four, two in the front, two in the back. Once they are all undone, push forward a little on the air filter housing as you try to lift up. Because the top of the air filter housing is directly connected to the MAF (mass air flow sensor, which is mounted by two bolts), it fits kind of snug and firmly. If you push a little on the filter housing, it pushes back on the MAF and lets the top of the housing come up and open.

I just replaced ours (another 1995 ES300) last night and I noticed it was a little stiff to get apart after the clips were undone. It's just because it sits tightly on the MAF, and because the MAF is anchored by two bolts. Using a little gentle force will get it open.

Yes, I got all the clips. I'll try what you say and give it a whirl. Just don't want to damage anything.

Thanks very much.