Installing Aftermarket Head Unit

khmerxrom3o

ok this has been bugging me out for the past couple of days. im having a hard time getting sound to my new radio, i bought the metra harness for it and still no luck... i tried to strip some of the wires for left and right front speakers and no luck either... what should i do next? should i just take it to best buy or circuit city?

ok this has been bugging me out for the past couple of days. im having a hard time getting sound to my new radio, i bought the metra harness for it and still no luck... i tried to strip some of the wires for left and right front speakers and no luck either... what should i do next? should i just take it to best buy or circuit city?

u have to use the TYTO -01 kit. u won't be able to find it at any local stores, u'll have to order it online. then when u get it, u'll have to reconfigure some wires in the harness to make it work. circuit city installed mine and he found out all the info he needed in some forum, not sure.

It's the Metra TYTO 01 kit. And this is what you need to change:

You see the yellow wire with the black stripe?

post-42851-1217978021_thumb.jpg

Open the harness like this:

post-42851-1217978035_thumb.jpg

And move that wire to the upper location like this:

post-42851-1217978045_thumb.jpg

So all your wiring should look like this:

post-42851-1217978059_thumb.jpg