Strange Exhaust Sound

hey, sorry if im being annoying on here its just that the help is greatly appreciated...well i have a 93 SC400 and since i bought it, a strange noise comes out from what seems like near the engine or right under my seat...if you rev the motor up to about 3k its fine...but anything after 3k, on the downfall of RPM there will be this almost choking sound that scratches..it kinda sounds like some1 is clearing their throat...its the kind of sound that i can tell is not supposed to be there unlike crackling of exhaust from high revving comin out of the exhaust its a distinguishable sound to be un-needed. any suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks :)

Need more details. Have you been able to figure out if it's under your seat or under the car? If it's under the seat check your floor vents for obstructions. Also check out your seat and see if the controls to your seat are working.

yup my seat is fine its definately from the engine...im hoping its not the cat because it sounds like its from that area..its just like suppose your in neutral...you decide to rev it up a bit to about 4k wen you stop revving and the rpms start to come down...you hear a strange noise that lasts barely 1 second but its defenetly a rasp that isnt supposed to be there...the rugs and all fine and i looked underneath and the piping seems fine..i may have it looked at by my local exhaust shop. :(

It sounds like an exhaust leak. I know I had something similar to what you're describing on my old LS, but it was primarily rust build-up that was causing the sound. Don't know if there is a fix. what did the exhaust guys say?