Radio Lcd Display

• 1 month later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

I can get you a factory replacement LCD for your Pioneer headunit if you want to go that route.

dcfish,

Same problem here. Can you send me the information for the replacements LCD? Thanks.

Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

I can get you a factory replacement LCD for your Pioneer headunit if you want to go that route.

dcfish,

Same problem here. Can you send me the information for the replacements LCD? Thanks.

What year and model ? PM or EM mecheers.gif

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

dcfish,

Can you send me an email, jwm6@hotmail.com

Looking for help on my gs430 nav screen, thanks

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

dcfish,

dcfish,

2001 GS 300. Email bdriesen@earthlink.net. Thanks a bunch.

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

dcfish,

dcfish,

2001 GS 300. Email bdriesen@earthlink.net. Thanks a bunch.

Also, no NAV screen, just the basic radio.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Please send me the Pioneer GS300 LED information.

Thanks,

Ramsmith

• 4 months later...

dcfish, please send me info for replacing the lcd display unit in my 2000 GS400. Also, I read many posts back that you know how to connect an mp3 player to the stock head unit. Would you also please share that info? bpc232 at yahoo dot com. Thanks so much!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dcfish--also looking for a replacement part and instructions as I have the backlight on but no info will display. Please email me with info and iPod hookup info.

99 GS300 with cd changer in glove box

screwwork03@yahoo.com

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Hey, DCfish;

I appreciate you helping all the members here with their problems.......I have a 1999 GS400 with radio LCD display troubles.....any info for the fix would be great!

Thx, John........johnperrin15@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, DCfish, is it possible you can forward the information on how to fix the LCD screen in a 2001 Lexus GS 300 to me. Email - halarivijay3@gmail.com. Really appreciate it. Also I've been reading that there is an MP3 player attachment information that you also have been sending out. Could you also email me that information, thank you again.

- Vijay

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

dcfish,

WOW!....lots of people seem to have this LCD problem. The display on my 2001 GS300 Pioneer unit just has dimmed on one side so I assume that one of my backlights are out. I haven’t seen anything in this form about just replacing the backlights. Is this possible?.....has anyone done it?

DCfish, can you please e-mail me the LCD replacement info in case I have to go that route. I’d also be interested in adding the MP3 Player connection if possible.

Thanks

parseeker_16@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

dcfish newbe here i also is in need of lcd display and how to for 98 gs300 australian delivered.if still possible can you contact me with price and payment options.please email me at hallamshane@gmail.com many thanks in advance.

dcfish newbe here i also is in need of lcd display and how to for 98 gs300 australian delivered.if still possible can you contact me with price and payment options.please email me at hallamshane@gmail.com many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I have a 98 GS400 with the exact same problem many others are having here. dcfish, you seem to be the go to guy for this problem. how can I fix this problem and what kind of cost am I looking at? Just like the others, my lcd screen on my 98 GS400 with a Nakamichi sound system is going out on the right side (3-4,5-6)... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

dcfish: What has happened with my LCD?

You received my paypal 3 weeks ago.

You then said I would have to send my old LCD, to have the connector removed and soldered onto the new one.

You asked for my FAX number, to send me the instructions for removing the LCD. I sent it. You replied w/ an address to send my old LCD to, but did not FAX the instructions.

That was 2 weeks ago, and I have not heard anything from you since, even though I've sent several e-mails and a message via forum messenger asking about the status of the FAXed instructions (and you have been on the forum since I sent the message.)

What's going on?

If there is some sort of issue, the very least you could do is contact me.

You have my e-mail, and my FAX number. Contact me.