Radio Lcd Display

Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

I can get you a factory replacement LCD for your Pioneer headunit if you want to go that route.

Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him/who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

I can get you a factory replacement LCD for your Pioneer headunit if you want to go that route.

Thanks for the response... Will this also remedy the number 3 & 4 LED buttons that are out as well ?

Hello All,

I have a 99 GS300 with the stock pioneer radio that is working exceptionally well but now I've noticed that half of the radio display along with the button number 3 & 4 are burnt out. If I go to LEXUS they will want to replace it as LEXUS never does any repairs just swaps out old with new (or re-manned). Wanted to know if there's an easy fix that I can accomplish myself and/or perhaps change the ugly green LED's for some new up to date colors to better match the speedometer. I've seen someone in the NY area with the updated colors (very cool) but never got the chance to ask him/who or how it was done.

Thank you,

Al

Thanks for the response... Will this also remedy the number 3 & 4 LED buttons that are out as well ?

Just the lcd, I will look to see if I have the led's for the buttons.

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Same problem here. How much is the replacement LCD,please. And can you get CWM4932?

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Same problem here. How much is the replacement LCD,please. And can you get CWM4932?

Mark, What is your email? I will send details.

Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

Mark, What is your email? I will send details.

I think you should be able to see it now, thanks,Mark

• 7 months later...

hello dcfish!

I have european Lexus Gs300 (1999) and few elements of LCD display doesn't work. Could you please confirm that you're still able to obtain this part from Pioneer?

[CWM4932] KEX-8176ZT LCD DISPLAY

Thanks in advance!

hello dcfish!

I have european Lexus Gs300 (1999) and few elements of LCD display doesn't work. Could you please confirm that you're still able to obtain this part from Pioneer?

[CWM4932] KEX-8176ZT LCD DISPLAY

Thanks in advance!

Yes ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

Thank you,

Al

I would also like the costs and instructions for changing the LCD. dhall75875@aol.com

Thanks

Hey I was reading around on this and I would also like to replace the lcd. Any information on replacing this would be appreciate. I also heard that it was possible to replace my 2000 Lexus GS300 Platinum Edition head unit with a 2002 which would allow for ipod integration as well. Any ideas?

Hey I was reading around on this and I would also like to replace the lcd. Any information on replacing this would be appreciate. I also heard that it was possible to replace my 2000 Lexus GS300 Platinum Edition head unit with a 2002 which would allow for ipod integration as well. Any ideas?

I am looking into this for you, Hold on :cheers:

Brian, I have a solution for the 2000 headunit to direct connect to an ipod. Leave your email or PM me.

Brian, I have a solution for the 2000 headunit to direct connect to an ipod. Leave your email or PM me.

My wife's 2000 GS400 display for radio is on the way out as well. What is possible? redline442@bellsouth.net Thanks...John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DCFish,

My 99 GS300 Pioneer headunit's backlight were all burned out (I can still read the channel info)! Is there any economical way to fix that? Please send info and quote to wahboy@hotmail.com. Could you please email me the solution to have the headunit directly connected to MP3 Player/IPOD? Thanks.

wahboy

Hi DCFish,

My 99 GS300 Pioneer headunit's backlight were all burned out (I can still read the channel info)! Is there any economical way to fix that? Please send info and quote to wahboy@hotmail.com. Could you please email me the solution to have the headunit directly connected to MP3 Player/IPOD? Thanks.

wahboy

As soon as I get home ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DCFish,

wahboy

As soon as I get home ;)

Hello DCFish

I have a 98 GS300 with a bad display. Can I also get the infor for replacing the display.

Thanks

dlddvega@verizon.net

dlddvega@verizon.net