Need Help With Starting Issue...

I have a '92 SC400. When I first start the car everything works fine, but after I drive for a while and turn the engine off it will not start back up until it sits for about 10 - 15 minutes. The engine turns over, it just won't start until I wait approx. 15 minutes. I've also noticed that sometimes while trying to start during this 15 minutes the radio flashes on and off along with the other electronics. The antenna stops and starts when extending. Any suggestions as to what it might be? Thanks.

hey, i have a feeling i may know what it is...it sounds like it could be a battery / altenator problem...your battery may have a dead cell and wont hold a charge (the little charge it receives from running for 10 minutes will diminish), its either in need of a new battery, OR your altenator may be non functional...to test your altenator, try this : start the car for ex. when you said it starts, while its running disconnect your battery ports...if the engine stalls then its the altenator that is the problem, if the engine runs fine then its the battery since the altenator runs the motor from being ON. let me know if either of these were the problem. good luck

• 2 weeks later...
I have a '92 SC400. When I first start the car everything works fine, but after I drive for a while and turn the engine off it will not start back up until it sits for about 10 - 15 minutes. The engine turns over, it just won't start until I wait approx. 15 minutes. I've also noticed that sometimes while trying to start during this 15 minutes the radio flashes on and off along with the other electronics. The antenna stops and starts when extending. Any suggestions as to what it might be? Thanks.

Yes, and you need to reset your ECU from time to time by either disconnecting the battery or pulling the main fuse. Resetting the ECU will wake up your car. Over time the ECU will try to optomize performance against efficiency, which can tone down performance. What mods do you have?