Vin On Engine Block?

90ls4

I was wondering if Lexus puts the vin number on the blocks anywhere. I recently had and engine replaced with a salvaged one and the shop white outed the vin number on the invoice and are trying to tell me it's only got a certain amount of miles on it. I have had problems and want to find out the truth on this engine. Any elp would be appreciatted.

As far as I can see from the owner's manual there is only an engine # on the engine.

If you have been given a VIN you may be able to get some history for the donor car from your local Lexus dealer providing they are friendly and the car was serviced in the past by them

As far as I can see from the owner's manual there is only an engine # on the engine.

If you have been given a VIN you may be able to get some history for the donor car from your local Lexus dealer providing they are friendly and the car was serviced in the past by them

Thanks but that's the point the service center won't gve me the vin of where the engine came from. So I was thinking maybe they put it elsewhere on the engine so I can get the history of it.

Thanks

Thanks but that's the point the service center won't gve me the vin of where the engine came from. So I was thinking maybe they put it elsewhere on the engine so I can get the history of it.

Thanks

The owner's manual for my 1992 LS states that the VIN is stamped on the engine block.

Thanks

The owner's manual for my 1992 LS states that the VIN is stamped on the engine block.

Thanks for the info. If anyone knows where on the block it is please respond. I will look into it and let you know what I find out

On my 1991, the VIN is on a tag mounted on the passenger side of the block near the front edge. I happened to see it when I was replacing my PS pressure and return hoses.

Jeff

Thank you

Dan