Cd Won't Eject

My Wife has a 2003 IS 300 that won't eject a CD from the radio. :censored: It won't accept other CD's or play the CD that's stuck. I'm thinking it's a dealer issue but I thought that maybe somebody else has had this problem and could give me some advice. Thanks

I am not familiar with the IS but I think it is the same radio and CD changer that the ES 300 has. I have an 03 ES 300 with the same problem. After working with the changer,(loading and ejecting) several times until I could see the cd and got it to eject enough that I could get twezzers to get it out, I removed the radio and changer from the car. Separated the changer from the radio,(several screws separates the changer and radio). Took the cover off the changer,( 4 screws I think) and lubed the cd mechanism with litheum grease with a Q-Tip. Was very careful not to get too much. You can see the tracks or moveable parts where it was lubed from the factory. Replaced the unit and operated the cd changer several times to spread the grease a little. At first it wouldn't eject but after about 4 loads and ejects, it started to workd like it was intended. Be sure to use a cd that you don't mind destroying because when it try to ejects and does not eject, the mechanism scratches it. Hope this helps

My Wife has a 2003 IS 300 that won't eject a CD from the radio. :censored: It won't accept other CD's or play the CD that's stuck. I'm thinking it's a dealer issue but I thought that maybe somebody else has had this problem and could give me some advice. Thanks

The CD changer is a notorious problem. It has been discussed here many times. You really have 3 options, Open it and try to fix it yourself, as the dealer won't fix the cd player, they will just want to replace it as they don't have an audio electronics technician on staff, and are no more qualified to work on cd players than you or I. Next is to replace the stock CD player with another one. While this may fx your problem, it may be come an issue again as previuosly stated, this happens alot with the stock cd changer. And the last option is to just replace it with an aftermarket, better cd player. Which is the route most other go.

If you choose to replace the stock unit wioth another stock unit, we have as authorized vendor, DCfish who can get you another CD player.

The CD changer is a notorious problem. It has been discussed here many times. You really have 3 options, Open it and try to fix it yourself, as the dealer won't fix the cd player, they will just want to replace it as they don't have an audio electronics technician on staff, and are no more qualified to work on cd players than you or I. Next is to replace the stock CD player with another one. While this may fx your problem, it may be come an issue again as previuosly stated, this happens alot with the stock cd changer. And the last option is to just replace it with an aftermarket, better cd player. Which is the route most other go.

If you choose to replace the stock unit wioth another stock unit, we have as authorized vendor, DCfish who can get you another CD player.

Thanks Smooth, The reality is that I won't even handle/sell those changers, They are a liability.