Pre-owned 400h/2006/80,000miles - Should I Buy Extended Warranty?

Hi all,

As a new owner, closing a Pre-Owned sale for a 2006/80,000 miles/LEXUS 400hybrid,

is it advisable to take a comprehensive Warranty? What are some considerations for

and against a Warranty for a "heavily-used" vehicle that I am planning to buy.

Any help/advise/comment would help me with this purchase.

Thanks in advance......MVJJOHN

Hi all,

As a new owner, closing a Pre-Owned sale for a 2006/80,000 miles/LEXUS 400hybrid,

is it advisable to take a comprehensive Warranty? What are some considerations for

and against a Warranty for a "heavily-used" vehicle that I am planning to buy.

Any help/advise/comment would help me with this purchase.

Thanks in advance......MVJJOHN

The trouble is the high miles and the hybrid model (still new in the market place with little research on past issues - like battery life, etc). You would only have coverage for 20K. So you will pay around $2K+ for coverage of about 18 months to 2 years depending on how you drive.

I would find a vehicle with less miles and get a warranty. That vehicle has way too many miles for 2 years old. With the economy going in the crapper, you shouldn't have any issues finding a vehicle similar to this with less miles at a great price.

I waited and found a 2004 RX 330 AWD with only 29K for only $24K. Low miles were key. I suggest being picky and wait until you find a steal like I did.

GOOD LUCK!!

• 1 year later...