2002 Rx300 Timing Belt ? Urgent

Volcano29

Hello, I have a 02 rx300 AWD and I am about to replace the timing belt/water pump this weekend so I need to order everything needed ASAP. I figured I need to order the timing belt and water pump. What else do I need to replace (pulleys/hydraulic tensioner)? If someone can please also list the part numbers of ALL the parts needed. Thanks so much.

-Pablo

Hello, I have a 02 rx300 AWD and I am about to replace the timing belt/water pump this weekend so I need to order everything needed ASAP. I figured I need to order the timing belt and water pump. What else do I need to replace (pulleys/hydraulic tensioner)? If someone can please also list the part numbers of ALL the parts needed. Thanks so much.

-Pablo

Pablo- How many miles do you have on it? I don't have the parts numbers but unless you have a lot more than the recommended 90k mi. you probably don't need to change any of it, at the very most the timing belt. When I changed my DIL's timing belt at 97k it looked like it had 20k on it. (it was the original belt) I did not change the water pump or idler pulleys and when I checked them at 120k they still felt like new. They put some VERY robust parts on these vehicles. I would personally only use original parts. It's your money and your car but you probably won't be changing them because they're worn, just to give you a warm fuzzy feeling. Good Luck!

-Pablo

Pablo- How many miles do you have on it? I don't have the parts numbers but unless you have a lot more than the recommended 90k mi. you probably don't need to change any of it, at the very most the timing belt. When I changed my DIL's timing belt at 97k it looked like it had 20k on it. (it was the original belt) I did not change the water pump or idler pulleys and when I checked them at 120k they still felt like new. They put some VERY robust parts on these vehicles. I would personally only use original parts. It's your money and your car but you probably won't be changing them because they're worn, just to give you a warm fuzzy feeling. Good Luck!

Hey, thanks. The vehicle has about 87k miles on it. I was speaking to a buddy and he says that I should change the hydraulic tensioner..

-Pablo

Hey, thanks. The vehicle has about 87k miles on it. I was speaking to a buddy and he says that I should change the hydraulic tensioner..

The chance your hydraulic tensioner is bad at your low mileage is quite low. You will need to remove it to reload it and you will know if it is bad. If it isn't leaking oil (a trace is ok) and you can't push in the piston without the aid of a vise or big C-clamp, then your tensioner is good to go.