2000 Es300 Engine Check/traction Off

Hi to all,

I currently have a Lexus ES300 with about 105,000 miles on it. The traction off light is currently on and when i try turning it off it does not do anything when i am taking turns my tires screech. Also my engine light turned on today . I read on this forum that when both lights are on the car is on "safe mode" not really sure what that means. I called my local autozone today and i asked if they will run the test for the car and they said i should go to the dealership which would cost 108 an hour. I also have the option to go to a Getty for 50 dollars an hour. I rather not go to the dealership because it will put a huge hole in my wallet. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTION WILL HELP.

Thank you.

Hi to all,

I currently have a Lexus ES300 with about 105,000 miles on it. The traction off light is currently on and when i try turning it off it does not do anything when i am taking turns my tires screech. Also my engine light turned on today . I read on this forum that when both lights are on the car is on "safe mode" not really sure what that means. I called my local autozone today and i asked if they will run the test for the car and they said i should go to the dealership which would cost 108 an hour. I also have the option to go to a Getty for 50 dollars an hour. I rather not go to the dealership because it will put a huge hole in my wallet. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTION WILL HELP.

Thank you.

I'm having an issue now with a family member's ES300 with 93k as well. In addition, I have a check engine light on. I took the car to Advanced Auto Parts and had them read the codes for me without a problem and for free. My understanding was that all Autozone locations do this for free (hoping you will buy parts from them then or at some point). I would just take it to them and request that they run the codes and start from there.