98-05 Turbo Kit

Has anyone done a turbo on a 98-05 gs? If you have would you let me know if you bought a kit or pieced it together. What brand parts did you use? Did you run in to any problems?

Check out this site...I'm sure someone on there can answer that for you:

www.502streetscene.com

Good luck;)

• 3 weeks later...

i know the swift kits are nice and all.........but being as thier BASE kit is $6,749.95 for The SILVER Package (our most popular) comprises of the following components

SRT Stage 2.75 Kit,

3" Turbo Exhaust,

Blitz Turbo Timer w/harness,

Blitz SBC electronic boost controller/gauge,

Innovate Wideband O2 Gauge (model #3796)

and.....$12,995.00 for the SRT Lexus IS300 Ultimate PLATINUM Package

The GOLD Package +,

Upgrade to PT76GTS Turbo,

Upgrade to Haltech E11v2 EMS,

Upgrade to 2nd Haltech 3ch Igniter,

Upgrade to Haltech RA10 Signal conditioner,

Upgraded to 1000cc injectors,

Complete set of Supra TT coils (includes everything),

Set of SRT machined HKS 264 cams,

SRT CNC Intake manifold,

Complete Dual Intank FP with SS Braided Lines,

i think its safe to say..............MOST people would build thier own or even just do the 2jz-gte swap and go with some of the basic bolt ons for that motor as u can make more power for the 13k like that! but like i said swift's kit are good just for that kinda money i would rather do the 2jz-gte swap and then put a greddy t66,hks cams,ect etc and make more power for less than 13k!!

brian

Actually those kits are for the Is300 not the Gs300. They just redesigned their website and not all of it is up to date. The Gs300 kit starts at $4995 making about 275 rwhp, Stage 2 basically ads a intercooler and costs $5995, Stage 3 gets you 350 rwhp for $7500, and Stage 4 (in house installation only) can make up to 1000 rwhp, and call for pricing. I have been told for a turn key 2jzgte engine swap will cost just over 10k including labor. And the stock 2jzgte only makes 310 at the engine, so 250-270 rwhp? Unless I have been painfully misquoted on the swap, the Stage 3 sounds like the best deal by far.

-Preston

Actually those kits are for the Is300 not the Gs300. They just redesigned their website and not all of it is up to date. The Gs300 kit starts at $4995 making about 275 rwhp, Stage 2 basically ads a intercooler and costs $5995, Stage 3 gets you 350 rwhp for $7500, and Stage 4 (in house installation only) can make up to 1000 rwhp, and call for pricing. I have been told for a turn key 2jzgte engine swap will cost just over 10k including labor. And the stock 2jzgte only makes 310 at the engine, so 250-270 rwhp? Unless I have been painfully misquoted on the swap, the Stage 3 sounds like the best deal by far.

-Preston

those kits are for the SAME motor as the gs300. same kit same swaps! now whens someone gonna make a off the shelf kit for my 430? sigh

brian

yes, same motor...but difference ecu, so they are a completely different setup, not the same kit, not the same price. trust me i did my research on them a few months ago, ive even email them some questions about the kits and they say they are different.

www.clubna-t.com This is the kit I have on mine . There is still alot I need to tweak but the kit is roughly 1600 bucks and is good for 550hp , you just need to upgrade some things here and there and is tons less than the swift racing kit.

img0005ax3.jpg

yea...that sucks...i wish i could lower mine..but we have a really steep drive way and i have to work to not scrape my exhaust..let alone if it was lowered another 1" or so..

hahaha thats too funny because so do i so i have to go up my neighbors drive way, squeeze through a gap just big enough for my car to fit beetween a brick wall and the curb and then over my own front lawn to get to my back yard and garage hahah my driveway is way a mountain, i bet with the right angle you could clear yours though!?

the thing is...our drive way is always full of cars! a f-150 and expedition..and the drive way can only hold 4 cars...so i normally have one side to myself..but it is really steep, and there is a mailbox on the side i would have to swing wide into it...i normally park in the street, but our neighbors have backed into a friends car, and the mailbox twice! so i get a little nervous parking there... oh and btw..hav2spool..you said you have the tanabe springs right? how do you like them and what do you think about eibach?

lol.....oh well. im in a better mood today neways. :D

brian

yea me 2...i was havin a pretty rough day yesterday...death in the fam...guess i was takin it out on ya..sorry...anyways...i dont know much about the 430...how is the engine (reliability wise) compared to the 2jz?

honestly tanabe makes good springs and eibach does too. heres some specs.

DF SERIES AROUND 210$$$:For the show or on the street, Dress-Up Form provides a clean aggressive drop while maintaining smooth ride quality. The DF210 line of springs enhance the appearance by lowering the vehicle 2~2 1/2in (50~60mm) without sacrificing comfort. Ride quality is improved by raising the spring rate 10~15%

NF SERIES (MINE) AROUND 220$$$:Normal Feeling is for those who wish to lower their vehicle, while maintaining the comfort of the stock suspension. NF210 lowers the vehicle an average of 1 1/4~1 1/2in (30~40mm) without sacrificing the stock ride quality. This is achieved by raising the spring rate no more than 10%

GF SERIES (WHAT I SHOULD'VE GOT) AROUND 210$$$:Trace your favorite racing line with the performance-oriented GF210 series springs. Featuring increased spring rates of 20-30% over stock, Grip Feeling is more oriented towards performance. Lowering the ride height 1 1/24 to 1 1/2in (30-40mm) gives the car an aggressive stance, while providing a lower center of gravity for an increased amount of turning stability.

EIBACH:Pro-Kit AROUND 280$$$

* High Performance Handling

* Lower Center of Gravity - Lowers Vehicle 1.0"-1.5"

* Progressive Spring Design

* Excellent Ride Quality

* Million Mile Warranty

DF SERIES AROUND 210$$$:For the show or on the street, Dress-Up Form provides a clean aggressive drop while maintaining smooth ride quality. The DF210 line of springs enhance the appearance by lowering the vehicle 2~2 1/2in (50~60mm) without sacrificing comfort. Ride quality is improved by raising the spring rate 10~15%

NF SERIES (MINE) AROUND 220$$$:Normal Feeling is for those who wish to lower their vehicle, while maintaining the comfort of the stock suspension. NF210 lowers the vehicle an average of 1 1/4~1 1/2in (30~40mm) without sacrificing the stock ride quality. This is achieved by raising the spring rate no more than 10%

GF SERIES (WHAT I SHOULD'VE GOT) AROUND 210$$$:Trace your favorite racing line with the performance-oriented GF210 series springs. Featuring increased spring rates of 20-30% over stock, Grip Feeling is more oriented towards performance. Lowering the ride height 1 1/24 to 1 1/2in (30-40mm) gives the car an aggressive stance, while providing a lower center of gravity for an increased amount of turning stability.

* Excellent Ride Quality

* Million Mile Warranty

hey man...do you think you could get a side shot of your car on level ground...just to see what it looks like...also..im looking at getting some rims later..(whenever i need new tires...1-1/2 yrs..) but i want something light..im all about performance..not show. do you know how much the stock rims weigh? and do you know of any good lightweight rims? (17-18")

thanks

yea me 2...i was havin a pretty rough day yesterday...death in the fam...guess i was takin it out on ya..sorry...anyways...i dont know much about the 430...how is the engine (reliability wise) compared to the 2jz?

well i dunno really i would assume so though it is a yota.......lol. i think the tundra has the same motor as we do.......the 430 has a 4.3 v8 so i like it. its plenty torque but will almost never have the aftermarket support the 300 does!

brian

* Excellent Ride Quality

* Million Mile Warranty

hey man...do you think you could get a side shot of your car on level ground...just to see what it looks like...also..im looking at getting some rims later..(whenever i need new tires...1-1/2 yrs..) but i want something light..im all about performance..not show. do you know how much the stock rims weigh? and do you know of any good lightweight rims? (17-18")

thanks

yeah side shot for sure tomorrow and as far as light wheels scope out rayswheels.co.jp grams lights are the *BLEEP* as far as light wheels. I love these wheels they come in basic colors but this is the new style and i like it!!!!!!!! im officially retireing to club lexus for good after tomorrow so didnt wanna leave n e one hanging... Same screen name though.

post-48954-1219960738_thumb.jpg

untitled.bmp

22.bmp

yeah side shot for sure tomorrow and as far as light wheels scope out rayswheels.co.jp grams lights are the *BLEEP* as far as light wheels. I love these wheels they come in basic colors but this is the new style and i like it!!!!!!!! im officially retireing to club lexus for good after tomorrow so didnt wanna leave n e one hanging... Same screen name though.

u know nothign stopping u from having a account with both. alot of us do including myself with the same sn!

brian