Larger Wheels / Rims

Thanx for the feedback...

I did recieve and post on another site...which informed me that with and performance mods...

Increasing the tire size would be a non issue if only increased by 1 size form factory specs...so 18's would be ok...

and I was also told to use discretion when going 19 to 20....as it would be ok if the driving style was not too agressive and mods where minimal.

Again thanx for the response...good luck...

Drive Safe.

B

patrice.........u not listening to what he's saying though! he has mods done for speed/performance.....im sure with your 20's you just cruising correct? the car will drive fine with 19's, 20's, and 22's except the worse gas mileage :) as far as how it performs with them i wouldnt expect it to perform any less but to honestly answer your ? luvin i really dont know (lol) im not doing any real performance mods maybe eventually down the line a supercharger but im not gonna run any bigger than 19's

brian

Hey Gang,

OK...Aftermarket rims sure do ad a abit of style and good looks when ya see a larger set on a car.

Not huge... but just a bit... I've done it on performance vehicles, and am about to do it on my 2000 GS4...

I have done a bit of work so far...SRT Intake and ECU- Tein Strt Twer Brce- Supra Brakes/ braided lines- 3.76LSD- Eibach Springs- Trans Cooler- Apexi Catback-

and a single turbo being done in august by 'speedforsale' in atlanta...

Here's my dilema...

I am running stock 17's...toyo proxe 4's (great tire!!!)

I wanted to go to 19's but everyone said that the lexus rack/pinion and pump is not set up for that mass...so...especially with my mods...

So, now I wanna run 18x9 front and 18x10 rear....

Has anybody run a similar setup and how does it look....

whats the feedback you're getting with public and with drive response?

Thanx for your feedback and help.

Drive safe...

B

patrice.........u not listening to what he's saying though! he has mods done for speed/performance.....im sure with your 20's you just cruising correct? the car will drive fine with 19's, 20's, and 22's except the worse gas mileage :) as far as how it performs with them i wouldnt expect it to perform any less but to honestly answer your ? luvin i really dont know (lol) im not doing any real performance mods maybe eventually down the line a supercharger but im not gonna run any bigger than 19's

brian

Just trying to clear my doubt....When you say the fuel consumption would drop when you increase you wheel size..

did you think this way...Since your wheel size is getting bigger, it has more area of contact, i.e it can travel an extra distance with the same power/ fuel consumed with bigger wheel size.

Just trying to clear my doubt....When you say the fuel consumption would drop when you increase you wheel size..

did you think this way...Since your wheel size is getting bigger, it has more area of contact, i.e it can travel an extra distance with the same power/ fuel consumed with bigger wheel size.

this isnt a guess it is a fact and kinda common sense.........larger wheels take more energy/power (or more fuel) to turn!

:ph34r:

brian