2008 Lexus Turning Headlamp System

citronr

How does the 2008 Lexus turning headlamp system differ from the 1967 Citroen DS turning headlamp system in which, in addition to the inner lights that turned in a wide arc with the steering, included outer headlights that self-adjusted for height along with a central hydropneumatic suspension system that did the same thing simultaneously?

post-76358-1217205678_thumb.jpg

I don't know anything about the 1967 Citroen DS turning headlamp system, but the 07 RX that I had and the 08 gs have are leveling. Simple thing amuse me and whenever I turned on the light facing a wall you could see the headlight moving side to side and up and down till the adjusted themselves. I don't know about the Citroen but the Lexus controlled by steering wheel angle and speed, the lights turn at a greater angle at slower speeds.

FYI turning headlights have been around for a long time. My friend's father had an antique 1933 Cadillac with turning headlights.

How does the 2008 Lexus turning headlamp system differ from the 1967 Citroen DS turning headlamp system in which, in addition to the inner lights that turned in a wide arc with the steering, included outer headlights that self-adjusted for height along with a central hydropneumatic suspension system that did the same thing simultaneously?

How does it differ? Well, it's HID and Citroen is not. The Lexus headlamp system comes with a beautiful IS, GS, LS, ES, RX, and LX behind them, and the Citroen headlamp system doesn't. :P

While the Citroen had some very cool factors for back in the day, ( leveling suspension system, and turning headlamp system. I think a much better comparison would exsist among other notable cars that had "futuristic" asperations. such as 1967 Amitron. A hybrid car in the 60's???? or the Bristol 407 which I just thought was a great looking car even for the time. Or the first self adjusting brake system by Studebaker, or the 1928 Plymouth Model Q Coupe with Hydraulic brakes.

The 33 caddy also had an adjustible suspension for soft or firm ride

The Model "T" Ford had a tilt away steering wheel

Back in the 1920's the Cord had flip up headlighs

There are many things we consider to be new but they are just refinements of old inventions

Back in the day somebody used to pull into Bob Evans drive in with one of those air suspension Citroens. When they parked it would squat in the back first and then the front. We always said it looked like it was squatting to take a dump. :lol: