Lexus Bumper Applique: Any Comments?

Does anyone have experience with Lexus 'Bumper Applique'? Never seen it, and wondering:

- how does it go on, and is it easy to take off

- how much of the rear bumper does it cover

- how does it look (good/bad/indifferent)

Here's the Lexus link to the IS version:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories...r_applique.html

Any comments, and especially, and images, are most appreciated.

Thanks.

mike

Does anyone have experience with Lexus 'Bumper Applique'? Never seen it, and wondering:

Thanks.

mike

Mike, I saw it on a GS at a golf course in June. I wondered what it was and then I went on the Lexus site. It only covered the top of the bumper where the trunk opening is. I guess it is for when you may scrape the bumper taking things out (or putting things in) your trunk...which by the way I did (I don't have the applique but I think I would have scraped the bumper anyway). Not sure how much it is to see if it was worth it or not. It looked ok to me...but depending on the cost, not sure if I would get it now that I don't have it.

Thanks for the comments, much apprecaited.

For now, I think I'm just going with the 3M treatment to the front.

Mike

Thanks.

mike

Mike, I saw it on a GS at a golf course in June. I wondered what it was and then I went on the Lexus site. It only covered the top of the bumper where the trunk opening is. I guess it is for when you may scrape the bumper taking things out (or putting things in) your trunk...which by the way I did (I don't have the applique but I think I would have scraped the bumper anyway). Not sure how much it is to see if it was worth it or not. It looked ok to me...but depending on the cost, not sure if I would get it now that I don't have it.

Steve,

Yup, I think that's what I'm going to do; I'm going to have the 3M protectant put on the front too. I'm going to use NAB detailing in Alexandria; ever heard of them or know anything about them? They received good marks in the local Consumer Checkbook....

Thanks.

Mike

You can just have them do the 3M product on that one area of the bumper. I bet it would be cheaper.