Wilde Lexus Of Sarasota / Don't Buy From Them / Warranty

Well, first of all let me say that I have owned six (6) new Lexus' and this is the first year I have been unhappy. So unhappy that I will not purchase another one. It could be the dealership, WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA (FLORIDA). I have the SUV RX330 which I would be trading in this year but the new body style comes out next year 2010 and wanted to wait. However, my car is completely maintained by Lexus including all oil changes (big rip off twice as much as a Jiffy Lube) and I am sure they are laughing all the way to the bank. So, my car was taken into Lexus 4 or more times complaining about the transmission and they kept telling me it was the GAS I was putting in it. Now that the vehicle is out of warranty (just went out in April) GUESS WHAT? It needs a new transmission. When I heard this, I let my "advisor" have it. Of course he had to go to his Service Director. The best they could do was split it with me. That was still not acceptable to me. So, I spoke directly to the Service Director and told him the situation and he said he understood but the car is way out of warranty and I corrected him and told him the car is only 2 months out of warranty and I would not be having the SAME problem for the past 3 years if you would have replaced the transmission in the first place. He said my offer is what it is we will pay half with no labor costs. So, I ask him to ask the General Manager to call me. But before the GM called me I get a call from the Sales Manager wanting to sell me a 2009 and they will sell it to me at their Employee Discount rate. Duh, because you are trying to move cars in this economy. Did I not just tell everybody I was waiting for the new body style. He said ok, I just thought I would try and I will have the GM call. Well of course, I got no where with him either. So, I told them to please have my car ready for me to pick up this afternoon. When I got there to pick it up, they were all sneaking around to see the witch they were subjected to on the phone. Well, there was no need for that because they were going to hear from me one more time when I got an invoice ------- $55.00 to analyize the problem. Humm they thought I was a witch on the phone, well I can imagine what they thought now with an entire room of people waiting to pick up their cars too and another unhappy guy there and he was loud, I was at least trying to still be a lady. Which I do think that is the problem, they are/were trying to take advange of me. Needless to say, they removed the charge and apologized, only because the room was filled with other customers. So, they pulled my car up and guess what? It's not washed. I don't know if other dealerships wash cars everytime you bring it in, but this one does. I go back in and ask for the General Manager and they call him up to the front and I am standing in the room where all the people are checking out (about 7) and the other guy is still complaining and getting louder (I'm thinking you go - he's about 70). He introduces himself, I introduce myself and he saids oh we spoke on the phone. I told him I am here to pick up my car and they didn't wash it. He took it back himself and got it washed just to shut me up.

This is not over. I got online and many people have had problems with their transmissions and seem to think Lexus should have had a recall. I also found out that the Lexus Corporation caters to the dealerships and gives the dealerships whatever they want. In other words the dealership could have covered my transmission under warranty and Lexus Corporation would have reimbursed them. If you do not get satisfaction from your dealership, you can call [b]Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987. You will need the VIN, mileage and the dealership who originally sold the vehicle. Also, at no charge, you can have your problem resolved through arbitration. A third party will hear the case and resolve the dispute (informal) this number is 800-955-5100. This process usually renders a decision within 40 days of receiving a request.

You would think, in this economy, they would repair my transmission under warranty, with the money I have spent on service with them over the years plus the vehicles I have purchased from them and WAS going to purchase from them as soon as the 2010 new body style comes out, they say next October. THAT'S GOOD BUSINESS! In the long run, they would have come out better the old saying used to be, before the internet was, "when you are satisfied you tell at least 3 people and when you are dissatisfied you tell at least 12. With the internet, you can let a hell of a lot more than 12 people know, so spread the word about WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA. Don't purchase from them, go to ST. PETE OR TAMPA, THEY ARE LESS EXPENSIVE AND TO BOOT, THEY WILL COME DOWN TO SARASOTA, PICK UP YOUR CAR FOR SERVICE, LEAVE YOU A LOANER CAR AND BRING YOUR CAR BACK TO YOU. Hopefully, someone from St. Pete or Tampa will contact me to purchase another Lexus because I don't know what else to buy.

DON'T LET YOUR LEXUS DEALERSHIP BULLY YOU. DO YOUR RESEARCH. GOOGLE LEXUS COMPLAINTS AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISED. You should read about the accelerator getting stuck on many, many cars. Guess what Lexus had to say about this problem? Floormats got in the way. But they couldn't explain why the brakes wouldn't function except the car was accelerating to quickly. One lady was so terrified that she left her Lexus at the dealership and would not go pick it up - said she would never get in it again and they could just keep it. They started charging her storage fees. GO FIGURE!

CUSTOMER LOYALTY DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING ANYMORE. Remember 9/11 how this Nation came together? Why can't we always be that way? AMERICA NEEDS TO COME TOGETHER AGAIN and hopefully it will and not because we have another 9/11. Our problems are so small compared to others so let's stop for just a second and THANK all those who have kept us safe since 9/11 and giving us this opportunity to complain. HOPE THIS HELPS AND I HOPE ALL THE OTHERS THAT HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA COME FORWARD AND POST. Sarasota is a small town and reputation means a lot. They say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach and I say the best way to a crappy, don't care attitude dealership, is through his pockets and word of mouth.

HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD AND I WILL HELP YOU. THANK YOU.

Alex, P.A.

Well, first of all let me say that I have owned six (6) new Lexus' and this is the first year I have been unhappy. So unhappy that I will not purchase another one. It could be the dealership, WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA (FLORIDA). I have the SUV RX330 which I would be trading in this year but the new body style comes out next year 2010 and wanted to wait. However, my car is completely maintained by Lexus including all oil changes (big rip off twice as much as a Jiffy Lube) and I am sure they are laughing all the way to the bank. So, my car was taken into Lexus 4 or more times complaining about the transmission and they kept telling me it was the GAS I was putting in it. Now that the vehicle is out of warranty (just went out in April) GUESS WHAT? It needs a new transmission. When I heard this, I let my "advisor" have it. Of course he had to go to his Service Director. The best they could do was split it with me. That was still not acceptable to me. So, I spoke directly to the Service Director and told him the situation and he said he understood but the car is way out of warranty and I corrected him and told him the car is only 2 months out of warranty and I would not be having the SAME problem for the past 3 years if you would have replaced the transmission in the first place. He said my offer is what it is we will pay half with no labor costs. So, I ask him to ask the General Manager to call me. But before the GM called me I get a call from the Sales Manager wanting to sell me a 2009 and they will sell it to me at their Employee Discount rate. Duh, because you are trying to move cars in this economy. Did I not just tell everybody I was waiting for the new body style. He said ok, I just thought I would try and I will have the GM call. Well of course, I got no where with him either. So, I told them to please have my car ready for me to pick up this afternoon. When I got there to pick it up, they were all sneaking around to see the witch they were subjected to on the phone. Well, there was no need for that because they were going to hear from me one more time when I got an invoice ------- $55.00 to analyize the problem. Humm they thought I was a witch on the phone, well I can imagine what they thought now with an entire room of people waiting to pick up their cars too and another unhappy guy there and he was loud, I was at least trying to still be a lady. Which I do think that is the problem, they are/were trying to take advange of me. Needless to say, they removed the charge and apologized, only because the room was filled with other customers. So, they pulled my car up and guess what? It's not washed. I don't know if other dealerships wash cars everytime you bring it in, but this one does. I go back in and ask for the General Manager and they call him up to the front and I am standing in the room where all the people are checking out (about 7) and the other guy is still complaining and getting louder (I'm thinking you go - he's about 70). He introduces himself, I introduce myself and he saids oh we spoke on the phone. I told him I am here to pick up my car and they didn't wash it. He took it back himself and got it washed just to shut me up.

This is not over. I got online and many people have had problems with their transmissions and seem to think Lexus should have had a recall. I also found out that the Lexus Corporation caters to the dealerships and gives the dealerships whatever they want. In other words the dealership could have covered my transmission under warranty and Lexus Corporation would have reimbursed them. If you do not get satisfaction from your dealership, you can call [b]Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987. You will need the VIN, mileage and the dealership who originally sold the vehicle. Also, at no charge, you can have your problem resolved through arbitration. A third party will hear the case and resolve the dispute (informal) this number is 800-955-5100. This process usually renders a decision within 40 days of receiving a request.

You would think, in this economy, they would repair my transmission under warranty, with the money I have spent on service with them over the years plus the vehicles I have purchased from them and WAS going to purchase from them as soon as the 2010 new body style comes out, they say next October. THAT'S GOOD BUSINESS! In the long run, they would have come out better the old saying used to be, before the internet was, "when you are satisfied you tell at least 3 people and when you are dissatisfied you tell at least 12. With the internet, you can let a hell of a lot more than 12 people know, so spread the word about WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA. Don't purchase from them, go to ST. PETE OR TAMPA, THEY ARE LESS EXPENSIVE AND TO BOOT, THEY WILL COME DOWN TO SARASOTA, PICK UP YOUR CAR FOR SERVICE, LEAVE YOU A LOANER CAR AND BRING YOUR CAR BACK TO YOU. Hopefully, someone from St. Pete or Tampa will contact me to purchase another Lexus because I don't know what else to buy.

DON'T LET YOUR LEXUS DEALERSHIP BULLY YOU. DO YOUR RESEARCH. GOOGLE LEXUS COMPLAINTS AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISED. You should read about the accelerator getting stuck on many, many cars. Guess what Lexus had to say about this problem? Floormats got in the way. But they couldn't explain why the brakes wouldn't function except the car was accelerating to quickly. One lady was so terrified that she left her Lexus at the dealership and would not go pick it up - said she would never get in it again and they could just keep it. They started charging her storage fees. GO FIGURE!

CUSTOMER LOYALTY DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING ANYMORE. Remember 9/11 how this Nation came together? Why can't we always be that way? AMERICA NEEDS TO COME TOGETHER AGAIN and hopefully it will and not because we have another 9/11. Our problems are so small compared to others so let's stop for just a second and THANK all those who have kept us safe since 9/11 and giving us this opportunity to complain. HOPE THIS HELPS AND I HOPE ALL THE OTHERS THAT HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA COME FORWARD AND POST. Sarasota is a small town and reputation means a lot. They say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach and I say the best way to a crappy, don't care attitude dealership, is through his pockets and word of mouth.

Alex, P.A.

This is very disturbing! I read more and more posts about complaints about the service at Lexus. My own one year experience is not good. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give my Lexus of Chandler dealership about a 5. They have not been able to fix the bluetooth audio problem. The dealership has scratched the paint 4 times out of the 6 times in for maintenance (30,000 miles of dealership maintenance). These complaints are very disturbing!! I admit that I don't have many years of experiences with dealership services - mainly because I chose to do my own service and maintenance because of my bad experiences with the dealership - and that started with my purchase of a new Mercedes in Newport Beach, CA.

I think the "customer service" aspect of many businesses is getting worse and many times it's just plain terrible!! I will PAY more for a product or service if I can be convinced that the Customer Service part of what I'm buying is fair and reasonable!! In fact, a key part of our decision to buy a Lexus was because we believed that Lexus's reputation for fair and reasonable "customer service" was highly rated..... buy whom, I'm not sure now.

Alex, P.A.

This is very disturbing! I read more and more posts about complaints about the service at Lexus. My own one year experience is not good. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give my Lexus of Chandler dealership about a 5. They have not been able to fix the bluetooth audio problem. The dealership has scratched the paint 4 times out of the 6 times in for maintenance (30,000 miles of dealership maintenance). These complaints are very disturbing!! I admit that I don't have many years of experiences with dealership services - mainly because I chose to do my own service and maintenance because of my bad experiences with the dealership - and that started with my purchase of a new Mercedes in Newport Beach, CA.

I think the "customer service" aspect of many businesses is getting worse and many times it's just plain terrible!! I will PAY more for a product or service if I can be convinced that the Customer Service part of what I'm buying is fair and reasonable!! In fact, a key part of our decision to buy a Lexus was because we believed that Lexus's reputation for fair and reasonable "customer service" was highly rated..... buy whom, I'm not sure now.

I totally agree with you both. I purchased a Lexus because I thought they had a good reputation in customer service. But after dealing with Lexus of Sarasota, I will think again before buying another Lexus. First, I have a problem with my transmission and they say it is the gas that I am putting in my car. Do you know of a higher gas other than Premium that I can put in or does Lexus have their own brand?

I have a 2006 RX350. At 15,000 miles, I had to put brakes on it, not covered, which should have been, but they said since I lived on Siesta Key it was caused from the salt water and sand. My suggestion to everyone is not give Lexus your physical address but a PO Box. And, of course everyone knows when you get close to 18,000 to 20,000 miles you must replace the expensive Goodyear Eagle tires that Goodyear seems to think you will get 60,000 miles out of. Goodyear’s excuse is that Lexus makes their customer ride them at a pressure lower than manufacture’s recommendation and causes them to wear faster. Lexus does this so we will get a smoother and quieter ride. Just being Deceptive!

Before Lexus came to Sarasota in 1993, I purchased my cars in Tampa, which was the closest dealership. Never had a problem with them. I started to use the Sarasota service department and they seemed to do a great job because I knew this lady advisor and she knew her job well. Then she retired. Then they moved to their new location and everything went downhill. I guess they need to pay for that new fancy building and the one next door for Jaguar. Every thing on the outside is so neat, clean and they greet you when you drive up. When you go in to wait, they have sodas, coffee, bagels and whatever you want. Whoopee do, I just want my car repaired properly with no hassles. I do believe the only education the service advisors and service manager have at that dealership now is from “THE LEXUS ACADEMY OF HOW TO SCREW CUSTOMERS”!

I purchased my last car from them but never again. I will go back to Tampa or St. Pete – NO COMPARISON!!!!!!!! Sarasota has one salesperson that is a total you know what and I wish I could say his name. I just don’t understand why they don’t get rid of him. A business is all about reputation and referrals. I guarantee he does not get any repeat business. It is kind of funny that they don’t allow him to make a decision and he has to go ask his Sales Manager if he can take this offer. And then you have some salespeople in there that are so sweet. Too bad a few bad eggs have to spoil it for all.

I AGREE, THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING FROM WILDE LEXUS OF SARASOTA. I sure hope the owner is aware of what is going on at his dealership.

MH

Sarasota, Florida

• 1 year later...