'98 - '00 Gs 400 Mods...

Hello everyone.

I've been so busy with work the last 2 years, I have probably put less than 100 miles on my 1998 GS 400. I originally got it in late 2003 and only did cosmetic modifications because I wasn't interested in street racing, etc.

Here is a link to my finished project as of 2004:

My '98 GS4

Some of the modifications are a bit dated now (like the wheels..) :rolleyes:

Anyway (and the point of this thread) -- I've decided to try and enjoy it (since I can't really sell it for a price that I'd be willing to part with it for..) So I'm thinking of some light performance & possibly suspension mods but I didn't know which ones some of you more intense modders deem worthy.

I've heard great things about the SRT Intake & ECU.. I've heard mixed comments from the 3.76 LSD swap.. And as far as exhaust, I've seen APEXi, Greddy & Borla raved about, but I am not big on super loud or freeway "low-buzzing" crap.

Anyway, everyone's opinions are welcome.

(For those that were wondering, I didn't get any offers over $10,100 on ebay & I think it's worth keeping & trying to find the time to enjoy it before getting bent over like that. Hell, it's only got 81k on it.)

Thanks,

-elc.

Hello everyone.

I've been so busy with work the last 2 years, I have probably put less than 100 miles on my 1998 GS 400. I originally got it in late 2003 and only did cosmetic modifications because I wasn't interested in street racing, etc.

Here is a link to my finished project as of 2004:

My '98 GS4

Some of the modifications are a bit dated now (like the wheels..) :rolleyes:

Anyway (and the point of this thread) -- I've decided to try and enjoy it (since I can't really sell it for a price that I'd be willing to part with it for..) So I'm thinking of some light performance & possibly suspension mods but I didn't know which ones some of you more intense modders deem worthy.

I've heard great things about the SRT Intake & ECU.. I've heard mixed comments from the 3.76 LSD swap.. And as far as exhaust, I've seen APEXi, Greddy & Borla raved about, but I am not big on super loud or freeway "low-buzzing" crap.

Anyway, everyone's opinions are welcome.

(For those that were wondering, I didn't get any offers over $10,100 on ebay & I think it's worth keeping & trying to find the time to enjoy it before getting bent over like that. Hell, it's only got 81k on it.)

Thanks,

-elc.

What size rims you got on that ride?

looks like its starting to come together nicely now!

brian

Yes, I suppose I just suffer from having it too long and being too used to it.

What do you think about the possible modifications? Are you an SRT Intake + ECU fan? I'd like to talk to someone who has actually done that modification and find out if they think it's worth the 5+ bills.

i havent dont it........still contemplating the jet supercharger for the gs430! havent thought bought much more yet! maybe the ssr(i think thats the right brand) headers and a exhaust thinking greddy or hks! but these are almost 2 different sides of the poles on the exhaust!

brian

• 3 months later...