Rate The Ride Quality Of Your Ls400

90LS400Lexus

After having the new Toyota struts installed on my car- the ride is now much more comfortable and smooth. I know that ALL Lexus LS400s have a good ride (even firm suspension/upgraded models, but still not considered smooth for a Lexus), but there still seems to be a wide range of suspension firmness/softness on these cars. I have seen other LS400s with fairly firm suspension- like mine did have when the previous owner had installed KYB struts 6 months ago on the rear, but now is supple, with factory Toyota struts I just had installed and I have been behind some LS400s, with very soft and floaty suspensions.

I thought it would be interesting to see what grade of suspension everyone has on their cars.

I guess the ratings could be :

very firm, uncomfortable for Lexus -

firm -

a little firmer than stock struts -

normal, comfortable, factory-like ride -

a little softer than stock struts (slightly worn)

very soft and floaty ride (excessively worn)

OTHER (explain)

also list the year of your car

My car now has a normal, comfortable, soft, but well controlled ride, since I have had the new Toyota struts installed on the rear.

It's not a dumb question - 90LS400Lexus - just a difficult one to answer. [at least for someone like me who has NEVER driven any other LS400 - other than the one I own] If I had to pick - I'd say my LS has a 'normal, comfortable, factory-like ride'. But how do I really know? I think it's nice - but maybe other LS owners would think it's 'floaty' or 'too soft'. [or whatever] I just put new tires on my LS. That - I'm hoping - is going to firm up the ride a bit and help the car track down the road better. [went from T-speed rated Michelin X-Ones to Bridgestone Turanza LS-V's] That said - I still think my LS had a nice 'ride' - only the tires were cause for concern. By this weekend - I'll know better what effect the new tires have on the car. [can't say just yet because I drove straight from the tire shop to the dealer. I'm having a few more things dealt with - like an alignment and a new a/c filter, etc.]

And when it comes to how many people are NOT responding - do yourself a favour and ignore those 'view' numbers. [or you'll go nuts - like I first did - after joining this forum] Every message has far fewer replies than 'views'.

Craig!! :)

Yeah, didn't mean to hang you out, it was just that I had to think about it.

It rides better than my Cadillac did, butt doesn't handle as well as my Sentra SE did. My Caprice is more comfortable on long trips as it has much better seats. For what the car is made for, it is about perfect. At 130, the car shows perfect manners (which is an improvement over the driver). I very much enjoy driving my LS.