Ipod Adapter

Don33

Just a note to let you know that I have installed the VAIS Technology SL2I iPOD adapter in my 2002 LS 430. The install took about 1.25 hours. If I had to do it again it would probably take about 20 minutes. The fear of damaging some of the parts in the center stack made me go very slowly. Once you remove the lowest panel, the remainder is very straight forward and easy. The actual connect time for the device is about 30 seconds as it is totally plug and play.

The sound quality is excellent and the device does everything as promised except for removing the nag screen and being able to directly cycle through all of the sources with the steering wheel controls. Once you cycle to the Disc screen, you have to press the Disc button on the radio to go to the MD screen. Once there you control the iPOD through the NAV screen or the steering wheel. The MD screen also provides text, telling who the artist is and the name of the album; something the 2002 can’t do on its own. It is terrific!

• 4 months later...

Just a note to let you know that I have installed the VAIS Technology SL2I iPOD adapter in my 2002 LS 430. The install took about 1.25 hours. If I had to do it again it would probably take about 20 minutes. The fear of damaging some of the parts in the center stack made me go very slowly. Once you remove the lowest panel, the remainder is very straight forward and easy. The actual connect time for the device is about 30 seconds as it is totally plug and play.

The sound quality is excellent and the device does everything as promised except for removing the nag screen and being able to directly cycle through all of the sources with the steering wheel controls. Once you cycle to the Disc screen, you have to press the Disc button on the radio to go to the MD screen. Once there you control the iPOD through the NAV screen or the steering wheel. The MD screen also provides text, telling who the artist is and the name of the album; something the 2002 can’t do on its own. It is terrific!

will something like that work for other cars?...like a 93 LS?!

will something like that work for other cars?...like a 93 LS?!

I don't believe that it will work for anything earlier than 2001. Here is the link to their site. There you can find the applicatin table and see what vehicles are supported. http://www.vaistech.com/

• 8 months later...

@97LS40, this may help:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=46555

I believe I did something similar the few times I tried a cassette adapter. It's prolly because there's not enough tension on the drive mechanism so it thinks the tape is messed up and ejects it. Obviously there's no tape in the adapter so I'm not sure how to "stiffen" it up should that be what's needed.