Just Bought A 2008 Is350 Black/black

Hi Everyone,

Great forum. I originally joined a while back to get help with my 1998 Lexus ES300 Black/Black. I picked up the ES at an auction back in 2001 with 78k miles and over the years it served me well. It was very reliable and easy to maintain, and I do miss the ES, but I finally parted with it the other day at just over 154K miles. As the common and documented problems (EGR, IACV) with the ES300 started showing up more and more, I finally traded it in and am now the proud owner of a new 2008 IS350, Obsidian Black w/ Black Interior, along with the following

Options Package(s):

P Z2 Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and Rear Bumper Applique

Accessories:

F FT 18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires Includes:

F HL High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front

F NV Navigation System Includes:

F PT Premium Package Includes:

P LR Rear Lip Spoiler

After several test drives of the IS250 and the IS350 with several dealers, I decided on the IS350 but was told by all of the dealers I visited that none of them had a Black on Black IS350 available. Eventually one of the dealers called me to let me know that they would be getting one in the color that I wanted. I made an appointment to see the car and when I arrived at the dealership, I was surprised to see that it had just come off the truck and still had the bugs and flies smooshed against the exterior from the long ride up from Long Beach. After a quick dealer inspection of the new vehicle, I was given the keys and took it on the road for it's first test drive. I must say that knowing I was the first person to drive this vehicle made me want it that much more. Anyhow, long story short, I purchased that same day and am now quickly getting to know and enjoy the car. I am looking to keep this car for quite some time and thanks to this forum, I will know what problems or issues to look out for in the future.

That is the absolute best color combo they make! ;)

Welcome to the LOC!

Thanks for the welcome smooth1. While researching the IS350 on this forum, I remember reading your thread about the purchase of your 2008 IS350 Black/Black. You have impeccable taste! ;) I think that is the absolute best color combo they make as well. I have noticed everywhere I have gone with the car, that pedestrians and other drivers are constantly admiring my car.

Welcome to the LOC!

It is indeed a wonderful car and very fun to drive :) Post some pics when you get a chance.

It is a pleasure driving this vehicle, but I have to constantly remind myself to take it easy as I am still breaking it in. My daily commute seems to go by too quick now, and I find myself debating whether or not to take the long way to places I am going as well as trying to think of new places to go in this car...lol. I turned on the PWR mode today for the first time and I was like wow, this really changes the attitude of the car. Engine roars a bit more and overall feel of the engine is more aggressive. It feels as if the different settings can make it make it feel like a different car altogether. Anyhow, here are some quick shots from my garage. I'll try to get some better shots in a parking lot or my driveway next time.

post-59387-1217282439_thumb.jpg

post-59387-1217282501_thumb.jpg

post-59387-1217282568_thumb.jpg

post-59387-1217282962_thumb.jpg

post-59387-1217283024_thumb.jpg

Have you had the "I can't stop looking back at it!" delimna after you just found the perfect parking spot at some resturaunt or shopping plaza yet? ;) :lol:

Welcome to the LOC!

It is indeed a wonderful car and very fun to drive :) Post some pics when you get a chance.

It is a pleasure driving this vehicle, but I have to constantly remind myself to take it easy as I am still breaking it in. My daily commute seems to go by too quick now, and I find myself debating whether or not to take the long way to places I am going as well as trying to think of new places to go in this car...lol. I turned on the PWR mode today for the first time and I was like wow, this really changes the attitude of the car. Engine roars a bit more and overall feel of the engine is more aggressive. It feels as if the different settings can make it make it feel like a different car altogether. Anyhow, here are some quick shots from my garage. I'll try to get some better shots in a parking lot or my driveway next time.

If I buy an IS-F do I get a clean garage like yours to park it in. Jeez, nobody has such a nice clean garage like in the pictures - well, maybe one person. I guess you don't want to park such a fabulous car in a junk pile. :P

Have you had the "I can't stop looking back at it!" delimna after you just found the perfect parking spot at some resturaunt or shopping plaza yet? ;) :lol:

Absolutely! :D I even look back at the car after I've parked it in my garage and I am about to go in the house. For some reason, I just can't help myself. Everytime I look at the car I just smile. I think it was love at first sight. :P

If I buy an IS-F do I get a clean garage like yours to park it in. Jeez, nobody has such a nice clean garage like in the pictures - well, maybe one person. I guess you don't want to park such a fabulous car in a junk pile. :P

Wow, thanks for the compliment on my garage. Personally, I don't think it is all that clean. Also it is quite full once my van is parked on the other side. It just looks clean because the other space is not occupied in the photos. But even if the garage was cluttered, I would move heaven and earth to make room for my IS350. No way am I leaving the car in my driveway or on the street. :P

Wow, thanks for the compliment on my garage. Personally, I don't think it is all that clean. Also it is quite full once my van is parked on the other side. It just looks clean because the other space is not occupied in the photos. But even if the garage was cluttered, I would move heaven and earth to make room for my IS350. No way am I leaving the car in my driveway or on the street. :P

Amen to that :) I am looking at a relocation to the Kansas City, KS area within the next 9-12 months and I am absolutely baffled at the fact that Johnson County, KS does not have underground or covered parking for their office buildings!!! My poor baby will have to be exposed to the elements - AAAARRGGGHHH :(

nice ride. but what does the F stand for in the options you got?

P LR Rear Lip Spoiler

Good question. You know, I asked that same question when the dealership emailed me this list, but for the life of me, I really don't know what the F stands for. Maybe "Features". When the manager at the dealership contacted me to let me know that they would be recieving an IS350 in the color combo that I wanted, I requested them to email me a list of options that came with this vehicle so I would know whether or not to waste my time and gas to go see it. This was the list they sent me. On top of that, I got them to throw in a set of All-Weather Mats, as I am obsessive about keeping my cars clean. :)

nice ride. but what does the F stand for in the options you got?

P LR Rear Lip Spoiler

Good question. You know, I asked that same question when the dealership emailed me this list, but for the life of me, I really don't know what the F stands for. Maybe "Features". When the manager at the dealership contacted me to let me know that they would be recieving an IS350 in the color combo that I wanted, I requested them to email me a list of options that came with this vehicle so I would know whether or not to waste my time and gas to go see it. This was the list they sent me. On top of that, I got them to throw in a set of All-Weather Mats, as I am obsessive about keeping my cars clean. :)

The "F" designation refers to a code name of an experimental performance Lexus from Toyota several years ago. Lexus decided that it would be a great handle on a production car and apparently they plan on more models with the "F" insignia. I believe it is Edmunds that goes into the whole story.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/isf/2008/review.html

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...rticleId=123125