Update To Navigation Database - 2003 Gx470

2klx470

Where can I download the full update for the Navigation database of a 2003 GX470?

Someone from the Lexus dealership mentioned that it is available for download over the internet for free. He just didn't have the URL info.

Does anyone here know?

Check this out The comments in there teaches you how to extract and burn the nav software into a Dual Layer DVD for it to work.

Thanks Brick.

I will try this and let you know the results.

Have you downloaded this before? Why do you need a dual layer DVD if the file size is less than 4gig? If I am not mistaken, a blank DVD has at least 4.7GB?

Rj

Check this out The comments in there teaches you how to extract and burn the nav software into a Dual Layer DVD for it to work.

Thanks Brick.

Have you downloaded this before? Why do you need a dual layer DVD if the file size is less than 4gig? If I am not mistaken, a blank DVD has at least 4.7GB?

Rj

the file is a compressed image file, so after you uncompress it into the actual DVD image, it'll be 8+ GB and will only fit a DL DVD. Also, Verbatim discs have been noted to be the best to use with the Nav unit.

Thanks Brick.

Rj

the file is a compressed image file, so after you uncompress it into the actual DVD image, it'll be 8+ GB and will only fit a DL DVD. Also, Verbatim discs have been noted to be the best to use with the Nav unit.

Thanks for the advise.

Will the Navigation System on the 2003 GX470 read a DL DVD without any issues?

• 2 months later...

Thanks Brick.

Rj

Hi,

I have a 2004 GX470, Which version is compatible with my NAV system. I have 3.1 that is very old.

Where can I download the software and what is the procedure.

Thanks