Vvt-i Piece

El Pupilo

HI GUYS IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP WITH THIS :( I BOUGHT MY IS 200... 8 MONTH AGO BUT NOW I REALIZE THAT THE VVT-I LITTLE BOX THAT IS ON TOP OF ENGINE IS NOT THERE I WANT TO KNOW I THAT AFFECT MY CAR AT ALL IM SO MAD :angry: I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO IM APRECIATE ANY HELP!! :rolleyes:

Hello, and welcome to the LOC. Please don't type in all caps.

Little Vvti box? Are you talking about the engine cover?

OK LET ME EXPLAIN BETTER CUZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT PICS :D ON MY LEXUS IS 200 WHE U OPEN THE HOOD ON TOP OF THE ENGINE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A BOX THAT SAY VVT-I B) IS NEXT TO THE UPPER INTAKE THAT´S THE ONLY PIECE IN THE ENGINE THAT HAVE THE VVT-I PRINT B) I NEED TO KNOW IS THAT AFFECT MY CAR !!??

OK LET ME EXPLAIN BETTER CUZ I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT PICS :D ON MY LEXUS IS 200 WHE U OPEN THE HOOD ON TOP OF THE ENGINE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A BOX THAT SAY VVT-I B) IS NEXT TO THE UPPER INTAKE THAT´S THE ONLY PIECE IN THE ENGINE THAT HAVE THE VVT-I PRINT B) I NEED TO KNOW IS THAT AFFECT MY CAR !!?? U CAN CHECK MY FOTOS THAT I HAVE IF U CONFUSED ON THE GALLERY I MARK THE PART THERE,,.

post-76196-1217179699_thumb.jpg

post-76196-1217180133_thumb.jpg

It's just a plastic cover that goes over that. It's not vital to the engine running or anything. If you really want to get it replaced, I think you would have alot more luck signing up with the UK club at the top of the page, as they have the IS 200 over there, and here in the US we have only the IS 300 version, which is a completely different engine and layout.