Flickering Headlight (low Beam)

Jason Hardin

So the headlight low beam bulb keeps flickering and is a different color then the other headlight. Is there a way that i can take it out without taking out the whole headlight assembly?

ok so after reading another post it looks like this may be the ballast????

Does anyone know if that is it for sure or not? The light flickers and sometimes goes out and then comes back on.

So the headlight low beam bulb keeps flickering and is a different color then the other headlight. Is there a way that i can take it out without taking out the whole headlight assembly?

ok so after reading another post it looks like this may be the ballast????

Does anyone know if that is it for sure or not? The light flickers and sometimes goes out and then comes back on.

I had the same problem when I bought my car last december, Flickerd and the color was almost a dark purple like it wasnt lighting up all the way. Which like he says is a ballast problem I got a ballast off of Ebay thru the dealership and they did it for free then everything else went wrong but thats another story

• 1 month later...

Could be a sign that the bulb is starting to go.

Mine is the same way, flickers a bit when heating up...but once heated up my bulb has a pinksih tinge on the one headlight compared to the other side. I changed the bulbs out and problem solved.

But yeah, like everyone else said, it's either bulb or ballast. Hopefully the bulb!!!!

• 4 months later...
Yeah, that is either a ballast issue or a bad cnnection. But my money is on the ballast.

Ya so I got that ballast fixed sometime ago right... no problems doesnt flicker now all of a sudden months and months later new ballast ... the bulb in my head light on my is300 turned purple still very much bright is the gas in the bulb bad? This is the ballast i just replaced So I dont think thats the problem

Yeah, that is either a ballast issue or a bad cnnection. But my money is on the ballast.

Ya so I got that ballast fixed sometime ago right... no problems doesnt flicker now all of a sudden months and months later new ballast ... the bulb in my head light on my is300 turned purple still very much bright is the gas in the bulb bad? This is the ballast i just replaced So I dont think thats the problem

Purple bulb is shot.