Small Ding!

Hey everyone! For all of you who read my thread in the LS forum about me hitting a deer, I have one more question!!!!

The deer's dumb face left a tiny ding on my hood and I'm not 100% sure on how to get it out.

I've heard of a "dry ice" method but don't just want to take dry ice to my hood without any more specifics.

hood.jpg

hood2.jpg

Is there any good method to removing this small ding??

:cheers: Thanks!

How does one go through with this paintless dent removal?

What necessary tools would be needed? Or is my best best to find a garage that does PDR.

or would that "Pops-a-dent" at my local auto parts store work? lol

You can roll the dice, Or have a Pro do the job right the first time. I vote The Pro ;)

Out here we have a body shop called "DentBusters" that do the PDR. When I showed my door ding to the body shop that was repairing my bumper from being rear-ended (the Lexus certified body shop) they told me that they normally call DentBusters to fix those. Find a pro, it will cost more but not as much as needing to make an insurance claim. IMO, it will be less than your deductible, but worth it. I have not taken mine yet, so I don't have concrete evidence yet. If you beat me to it, please share your findings.

Would this be an easy thing to do by myself?

Are there special tools that are needed?

IS there anyway for me to do this myself?? Just curious if it's an easy thing to do or not.

Would this be an easy thing to do by myself?

Are there special tools that are needed?

IS there anyway for me to do this myself?? Just curious if it's an easy thing to do or not.

You might be able to just push it out from the underside of the hood, Remove the insulation and give it a try. It won't hurt.

That's true too. . . hopefully I'll get it out soon! It really bothers me :lol:

Well whatever route I take thanks a lot everyone for your input!

It's greatly appreciated!! :cheers:

I buy and sell a few cars. And you have to have a PDR guy, and a detailer. It's really nice if your detailer is a PDR guy, but anyway, I try to look for places that have a real business. A shop with bays, not a van with magnetic signs on the side. When I leave the auction, I call him and tell him what cars I got, and he goes and picks them up, and DRD's them. (Details and Removes Dents). I sell the cars and he gets paid, we do it all over again. All your used car lots have a PDR guy. Maybe ask around the used car side of the dealer you go to. Watch him work on one of thier cars and determine if you want him to work on yours. That dent should come right out. I would think less than a $100.00 bucks for the first time.

You can;t do it yourself. PDR is a craft, they use very specific and expensive tools and go through apprenticeship programs and everything. Find a pro.

The detail shop you work for doesn't have a PDR tech on call? <_<

• 2 weeks later...