I Just Purchased A 2005 Rx330

Lexus Lady

I previously owned a 2004 IS 300 which I really loved, but it was time to upgrade into something bigger. I found a Certified Used Pearl White 2005 RX 2005 at my local Lexus dealer which I fell in love with. It's a "Cream Puff"! After a few days of driving it, I came across a few little things that I hadn't noticed at the time of sale. For instance.....where's the coin holder?? My IS had one on the left-side lower dash and I found it very useful. The RX 330 has a 3rd cup holder in the same vicinity which I really don't need. Does anyone know where I could find a coin holder that would fit in nicely somewhere in my vehicle? I contacted the Parts Department at the dealership and the guy told me that there wasn't a coin holder made for that year model. I also could use a Netting Cargo hold.......can anyone suggest where I may find one that is cheaper than what the dealership would charge me?

I'm glad I found this forum......I am a Lexus owner for life! I look forward to hearing from any of you with your valuable suggestions.

Hello Lexus Lady. Welcome to the LOC!

If your not going to use the cup holder I have seen alot of aftermarket magazines like Autosport.com and some others that have a rubber like insert that converts the cup holder to anything you would like it to be ( cell phone holers, coin holders, etc.). You may want to look thru that site.

As for the cargo net, Try checking with some of our supporting vendors along the top of the page here, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Just under the banner, you'll see <> buttons that will scroll thru the vendors.

Hello Lexus Lady. Welcome to the LOC!

If your not going to use the cup holder I have seen alot of aftermarket magazines like Autosport.com and some others that have a rubber like insert that converts the cup holder to anything you would like it to be ( cell phone holers, coin holders, etc.). You may want to look thru that site.

As for the cargo net, Try checking with some of our supporting vendors along the top of the page here, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Just under the banner, you'll see <> buttons that will scroll thru the vendors.

Thank you so much for the advise! I'll do just that.

Since I just joined this Forum, I've been poking around and I'm really pleased with all the great pointers, suggestions, and information available for Lexus owners and enthusiasts.

Thanks you again for your help!

I forgot to add this question to my original post:

I am experiencing some small hesitation with the transmission when I come to a rolling stop then press the gas pedal to increase speed....like when you're coming up to a rolling stop then start up again when the vehicle is not at a complete stop yet. The engine seems to hesitate before the transmission kicks in...only about a few seconds, but enough to be very noticeable. Is there a history of this issue with the 2005 RX330?

I forgot to add this question to my original post:

I am experiencing some small hesitation with the transmission when I come to a rolling stop then press the gas pedal to increase speed....like when you're coming up to a rolling stop then start up again when the vehicle is not at a complete stop yet. The engine seems to hesitate before the transmission kicks in...only about a few seconds, but enough to be very noticeable. Is there a history of this issue with the 2005 RX330?

I have a 2008 that has the same hesitation. Someone a while ago suggest that you "blip" the gas pedal while coasting to convince the transmission to engage. I eventually got used to it. The dealership service department shrugged their collective shoulders and said that the trasmission was just that way.

Thanks for the suggestion. When you say "blip", do you mean to quickly press and depress the gas pedal while coasting? How much pressure and for what duration do you suggest? I really notice it more when I have the A/C on. I come in to work very early in the morning, so I usually just kick the moonroof open and keep the A/C off. In the afternoons, I put the A/C on and this is when I notice the transmission hesitation more.

Take into consideration that you just bought a used Lexus. The ECU "learns" your driving habits and makes small adjustments along the way. As I am sure you drive the vehicle differently than the previuos owner, it may be an issue of the RX just relearning your driving habits over a given period of time. You could make it quicker by resetting the ECU. Just disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 15 mins. Then reconnect it. You'll have to reset the clocks and your radio presets and all, but you will notice the RX behave differently. Then give it a few weeks as it learns your driving habits and adjusts. See if it is still an issue then.

LexusPartsOnline has some good prices if you paste the part number into the OEM box:

PT34748040 $31.99

CARGO NET, RX330

Shipping is usually reasonable and no tax unless you are in TX. They list this for a 2006 RX. but the 330 and 350 seem to be the same.