New Owner/questions

dimsum

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 LS 430. Its got 33,000 miles on it. I really don't know what kind of motor oil (dino or Syn) it has been using so, my question is, Royal Purple, is that a good brand of oil to use for this car?? positive/negative feedback? will it help performance wise? protection...etc. Second, oil filter, what is the best oil filter out there for this car? Any feedback will really be appreciated. Thank you all very much. :D

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 LS 430. Its got 33,000 miles on it. I really don't know what kind of motor oil (dino or Syn) it has been using so, my question is, Royal Purple, is that a good brand of oil to use for this car?? positive/negative feedback? will it help performance wise? protection...etc. Second, oil filter, what is the best oil filter out there for this car? Any feedback will really be appreciated. Thank you all very much. :D

Welcome to LOC & congrats on your purchase!

There are many excellent synthetic oils available to choose from.....Royal Purple is one of them. Many here use Mobil 1 and some (myself included) swear by Amsoil.......some other good choices include Redline, Valvoline Syn Power, Castrol Syntec, Pennzoil, etc. There is alot of documented info of the benefits of using synthetic oil over 'dino' oil (conventional oil) without having to go into detail here & risk starting another 'oil war' which is known to happen around the forums. :) I suggest you go on the above websites to read about each brand & make your own decision.

Some high quality filters are: Toyota/Lexus OE, Mobil 1, K & N, Amsoil (again which I personally use as it has a synthetic media). Many advise to stay clear of Fram however.

Use the search feature here as this topic has been covered countless times & enjoy the forums! B)

:cheers: