92 Es300 Timing

gdcb

Distributor is adjustable, but there are two hold down bolts locking the distributor down. Also make sure you put the jumper wire in the diag connector before you adj your timming.

Thanks, I couldn't see the second bolt. I did use the jumper wire. It took a few minutes to locate the diagnostic port. I'll try again in the morning when it's cool again. (I know the engine must be warmed up :-)

Distributor is adjustable, but there are two hold down bolts locking the distributor down. Also make sure you put the jumper wire in the diag connector before you adj your timming.

Thanks, I couldn't see the second bolt. I did use the jumper wire. It took a few minutes to locate the diagnostic port. I'll try again in the morning when it's cool again. (I know the engine must be warmed up :-)

That was it. It passed smog today. Only one small mishap. I burned my arm when tightening the distributor. I pulled back and knocked the coil wire out of the coil which zapped me. I pushed the wire back into the boot and it started back up. Now I need to see if I can buy the coil wire by itself... Any sources out there?

Thanks Carl

That was it. It passed smog today. Only one small mishap. I burned my arm when tightening the distributor. I pulled back and knocked the coil wire out of the coil which zapped me. I pushed the wire back into the boot and it started back up. Now I need to see if I can buy the coil wire by itself... Any sources out there?

Thanks Carl

You might try your local auto parts store, I'm not sure if they sell them separate, but never hurts to call.