Engine Stalls

I Bought this car in feb '08 Its been great car. No problems. But today I started it and drove off like normal and about 2 miles away I stop at a light and it stalled. I try to start it and it would start then idle off. Did this like four time. I let it cool off like for a minute and it started up and stud runing and i drove off, and it happen again. Any Idea What could be going..

There are too many possible causes of this to list... We need a better description of the problem. Also, does the Check Engine Light come on?

Here are my first thoughts on potential problems:

1) Clogged fuel filter or clogged fuel injectors.?

2) Bad gas is also possible - filled up at any "discount" gas stations lately? I had some similar problems after burning Arco gas for awhile - Shell and Chevron only for me now.

3) Dirty air filter or mass airflow sensor?

4) Ignition problem of some sort? - although this would probably throw an error code and thus turn on the dreaded check engine light.

5) Electrical / ECU / anti theft system issue maybe?

6) Thermostat problem?

Give us more info to work with.

Best of luck.

Peace,

Pete Zaria.

Hey Pete Thanks for you help.

I change the fuel filter about a month ago. And ran some lucas fuel treatment also to clean injector and fuel rail. I just drove the car around for a few minutes and it ran perfect. it seems find now. It was hot today when it stalled a couple times. It would start up and do the usual rev and then desend and that when it stalled, it was like it wouldn't idle. No check engine light. I check air filter it wasn't bad at all. I put BP 93 octane. So it cant be the gas cause when i drove it again at night it ran great no power lost or breaking up. Any more info let me know

do a search and look upp how to run the fuel pump constant. you just need to jump two terminals on a check connector. remember how to do that and when it dies again try that. it seems like the car is running out of fuel if it dies away. if it runs after you jump the connector its probably your fuel pump ecu. or my other guess would be a relay which dies after it heats up or something. but if thats the cause you can replace the fuel pump ecu or just have another relay wired in to power your fuel pump.

If your fuel system is stock standard and no aftermarket parts have been put in, then the fuel is not a cause of the problem. It is your "idle air control valve" that is playing up. It's dirty and needs cleaning or replacing. Try to avoid going to wreckers to find the part, get contact to a Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer (jdm models), cos the used ones will eventually catch up to u soon. Also, check for any pinched hoses that are running off the bypass valve that restricts flow.

If your fuel system is stock standard and no aftermarket parts have been put in, then the fuel is not a cause of the problem. It is your "idle air control valve" that is playing up. It's dirty and needs cleaning or replacing. Try to avoid going to wreckers to find the part, get contact to a Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer (jdm models), cos the used ones will eventually catch up to u soon. Also, check for any pinched hoses that are running off the bypass valve that restricts flow.

Try this link for the idle air control valve clean or repair

http://www.planetsoarer.com/IAC/iac.htm